cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM of PO Quantity cannot be changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to change the UOM (Unit of Measure) of the PO quantity. The UOM has to changed from EA to MON. When I try to do that in the DOC_CHANGE badi, the system reverts back the changes in the PO with a information 'Unit of measure cannot be changed'.

Can someone let me know how to change the UOM in PO through this BADI or by some other means.

Thanks & Regards,

SRS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by self.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. What I would look for is other units in there as well.

When you create a PO, there is an order and a price unit.

If you do not change all the units you might have to speicify the conversion factor.

Can you change all the units to month? If so try that.

To find all the different units look in BBP_PD.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I'm trying to change only the order unit of the PO from EA to MON. The price unit should remain the same.

Moreover the PO is created from the shopping cart. The order unit is EA in the SC and I try to change it in PO for a specific requirement. Since the value of order unit is already inherited from the SC, the system won't allow me to do the change.

This is true when I try to change the PO manually. The order unit won't have any other option except EA. I also try to change using the DOC_CHANGE badi but it fails with error.

Can we overcome this scenario by some means so that there is an option to change the PO order unit without caring about the unit in the SC.

Thanks & Regards,

SRS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. The cart is fully approved then?

I think once it is fully approved you can not change it at all, unless you want to do a direct update, which is not recommended.

If the error checking that the PO and the cart units match is standard and can not be turned off I am not sure what you can do.

Why can the cart not be created with the correct unit?

Could you not use the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to change the cart before it is fully approved?

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I accept that the PO quantity unit cannot be changed after the SC is approved. But there is a specific requirement in my case where the unit of measure needs to be changed when the buyer processes the PO (after the SC is approved). The new UOM is a custom one in my case.

This cannot be done in SC method of BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI. The reason is due to the fact that the BADI implementation is not called in the approval process.

I found out a way, although it is not the right one.

Creating custom UOM

SRM & ECC

In the UOM customizing (Tcode CUNI), copy the original UOM of the PO and create a new custom unit of measure. Uncheck the 'Primary ISO code' indicator. Don't change the ISO code of the new UOM. Maintain the other parameters (Int. meas. unit, Commercial, technical, Measurement Unit text) according to your requirements.

BADI Implementation

1) Create a BADI implementation of BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

2) In the method BBP_PO_CHANGE, with the help of PO guid (lt_item-guid), update BBP_PDIGP with the custom UOM

3) In the same implementation, with the help of SC guid (lt_item-src_guid), update BBP_PDIGP and PRCD_COND with the custom UOM

4) Call FM BBP_PD_PO_RESET_BUFFER.

Now the new UOM of measure is updated in the PO, SC when the PO is processed.

Thanks & Regards,

SRS