cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone using Oracle transparent gateway for sybase?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reading the Oracle Transparent Gateway for Sybase Administratoru2019s Guide 10g Release 1 (10.1) dated July 2003 from Oracle. However, I am a bit confused on how to install it. Is it an Oracle client install on a Sybase server or what? The reason I ask is that management has asked me to look at it.

Thanks

-- Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member213250
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

I guess I am not adding big value to your question.

Regards to Oracle transparent GW for SYBASE, as of now there isn't any documentation available

regards to this from SAP side.

I found a note, which metions abt Oracle TP GW for DB2

SAP Note No. 32124

Nothing for sysbase as of now

Regards

Venkat.

0 Kudos

No - it is used to access a Sybase Server using your Oracle tools.  Honestly it might not map 100% simpley because of the architectures: Oracle is one database - many schemas.....Sybase is many databases - many users. Sybase is a many to many relationship if we are making the design assumption that schema is analigous to a user or owner.

Hey - if this sounds confusing - its because it is..... when we architect a move from Oracle to Sybase one of the first things we do is to figure out what makes sence in the schema conversion.

If you are really hung up on the Client tools and having one size to fit all then I would probably look to a third-party tool that features the same look and feel regardless of the underlying database vendor. 

Hope that helps.....