cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Receiver via https - Error: Invalid SSL message, peer seems to be tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a SOAP Adapter that send a message to a HTTPS WebService.

I'm having the following error:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Invalid SSL message, peer seems to be talking plain!: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Invalid SSL message, peer seems to be talking plain!

If I check the URL via Internet Explorer it showme a confirmation dialog with a security Alert, and ask me if I want to continue, then, I can reach the WS with any problem (from de IE).

I checked the steps of this PDF:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/ef2940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

and all seems to be right.

Any bode can help me with this problem?

Thanks

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

finally you run your request from your ERP System about your ICF.

To establish a SSL Connection to the Web Service target system about an SAP WebAS and ICF, it is necessary to create a certificate on client site about Internet explorer using target URL and importing it on STRUST. Take the junction "SSL-Client (Anonym)" to include your certificate for your system.

Take a reboot of ICM Monitor.

Then create a HTTP Connection to rhe external server via SM59 (Typ G).

Don't forget to configure the following points:

Under the menu tab Registration&Security:

- Registration Process: No Registration

- status of security protocols: activ and ANONYM SSL-Client (Anonym)

In most cases, you don't need to edit your user data.

Mostly only then one can usually connect about SAP XI or PI to some servers with SSL method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The certificates as well as the key pair you have used is not getting matched...

Please confirm and re-install the key pairs..

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't use any kind of certificate in the client, If I browse with IE to the URL, I can get it (after the alert of certificate).

The IE alert, said that the certificate has wrong values (i.e. the server value); but I have the option to skip the validation.

Have I got any way to skip the validation in XI too?

Thanks again

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In SOAP receiver you may select the HTTPS without client authentication this will help you to bypass the client authentication for the certificates.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that is possible to do that configuration in the SOAP Receiver?, I know that using a soap sender I can do that, but in a receiver (when you send a message to a url) I think It's not possible.

Thanks

Martin

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just make sure you load this certificate in the Keystore in the TrustedCA's.

After you load the cert in the TraustedCa's if it stil doesn't work restart the keystore service and give it a shot

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

the By-pass you had explained about IE, is something that it trying to install the certificate on your client machine...and that have not worked...so manually you had skip it.

In HTTPS without client authentication, If the security level of the HTTP connection is lower than the one defined for the sender channel, messages are rejected with an HTTP error. See also SAP Note 891877.

Thanks

Swarup