cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting the intermediate bin --impact

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know as what would be the impact if I delete a Intermediate Bin. Initially, if a receve a material in to my sloc, it goes into the intermediate bin first and finally into the bin mentioned in the material master. wat happens if i delete the intermediate bin??

Please advise

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjay

Whilst I agree that you do not need all of the interim st types 902 is probably the most important one of them all as there are various settings surrounding this st type. For instance when you carry out a goods receip you do this normally at IM level. When the system checks to see if there is a warehouse attached to the recieving st location and sees that there is then it knows that it has to place the stock in to the Warehouse andthe question is where to put it and the answer is 902.

Secondly when you come to put the stock away in WM using the TR that the IM goods receip produced the movement type will be 101 and when creating the TO the question is where do I get the stock from and to answer that question the system will look at the movement type m101 and see that ths source st type for that movement is 902. Also if you do a return against a PO the st type will be 902 from WM and so you see it is linked in lots of ways so I would recommend that you do not delete 902.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy.

Also

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything especially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the interim storage type serves as the WM-IM interface you won't be able to execute those IM movements that are in connection with that storage type.

You stock level will increase / dicrease in these storage types as a consequence of IM bookings.

What is the reason you want to delete it?

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Aug 12, 2008 8:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you would only delete the interim storage bin, you will fail doing the putaway. In case you don't want to have the material first go to 902, you should achieve by either changing movement types in WM or change putaway strategy or changing storage type determination. I would not delete the interim storage types.

Regards,

MdZ