cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about CRUD in Web-Dynrpo with EJB-Model-Binding on Context Node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

i'm new to wd and nwce and i want to do the following using webdynpro and EJBs.

Reading Data from an EJB, providing the Data in WD-UI-Elements to the user for viewing and changing , saving the results (updates, deletes) with EJBs.

The first step, reading data and presenting it in WD-UI-Elements to the user, i've already managed. For this i created the necessary EJB-Development Components and EJB-Methods within it, using JPA to read Data-Entities. The entities are returned back as a result of the EJB-Method in the Form "List<Employee>" for an Employee-Entitie.

In the WD-Component i created a Model and imported my EJB. Then i created a context in the component controller. Then i created a view controller. In the view i uses a table-ui-element, which references to data in the view controller context, which is of course mapped to the context of the component controller.

I wrote some code to initialize and bind the model-object to the node and to execute the model-object. The result is, that the data is shown in my table.

But what now?? What if i want to write the data back to the database with the help of an EJB?

It seems to me, that the modell-binding is only a one way street from an EJB (and its method) via model-binding to a context. The reading EJB-Method is only for reading and has other parameters as a neccessary write or save EJB-Method.

Question: Do i have to create additional Modell-Objects to achive this and to manually transfer the data from the context to them? Or can there be more than one model binded to a context-node, allowing additional EJB-Methods to be bound to the context and execute and to do my update, delete-operations?

any hints for achiving this goal would be very nice and welcome.

regards

matthias hayk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found solution myself