cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message in trans code SMQ1(backend) for material replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am wandering if someone can help me with this query. I have basically followed all the customisation steps requried to replicate replicate material masters from R/3 to SRM. I had infact closley followed the advise posted on the blog:

However, once I start the initial load in SRM with trans code R3AS and thebn goto trans code SMQ1(in R/3 backend), the load has failed with the 'status' or SYSFAIL. When I double click on this message, I get the error:

"Exception condition" EBCDIC_PROBLEM__OSSNOTE_33300 8" raised.

I have looked at note 333008 but cannot find any clues as to what is causing the load to fail. In trans code R3AM1, the job's status only remains as 'Running' and does not change.

Any pointers as to the cause and required workaound would be appreciated!

Thanks

SW.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Please refer this note. Now a days SAp advising us ti use note 720819 since CRM user may not be used in these tables respectively crmsubtab ,crmrfcpar and CRMPAROLTP

The RFC destination entry in the CRMRFCPAR table can then be determined for the "SRM" consumer, instead of for the "CRM" consumer.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thank you for your feedback. I have just this moment implemented the note you recommended, but this does not appear to have resolved the error message, even though the consumer has been changed from CRM to SRM in r/3 and srm.

I basically undertook the initial load for object 'dnl_cust_basis3' only with trans code R3AS, but the system still shows the following error message in the outbound que list (trans code SMQ1) in the sender R/3 backend system:

""Exception condition "EBCDIC_PROBLEM__OSSNOTE_33300

8" raised""

I am reluctant to implement the note number (333008) within the error message as the note heavily describes the CRM 2.0 component only and shows little relevance to SRM 5.0.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I have pasted the note contents below.

Thanks

SW.

-

Note 333008 - XML in R/3 Adapter

Summary

Symptom

For the Plugin PI 2000.1 (R/3 OLTP) and the CRM 2.0B Support Package 08, the R/3 Adapter was enhanced by an XML support.As of CRM 2.0B Support Package 7, SAP recommends to use R3A XML as a standardAs of CRM 2.0C, XML is automatically the standard setting in the server, only in the OLTP PlugIn, you have to maintain a setting.

Additional key words

CRM, R/3 Adapter, XML, CRM_SEND_XML, BAPIMTCS, IBM, AS/400 OS/400 S/390, DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR, SQL error -302 accessing table SMOAUSP

Cause and prerequisites

System requirement:Plugin PI 2000.1 with at least PlugIn patch 03 or higher and CRM 2.0B Support Package 08 or CRM 2.0C on the server.(XML is possible with CRM 2.0B Support Package 07, however, Support Package 08 is recommended:if you only use Support Package 07, parameter CRM_CONVERT_ENDIAN has to be maintained even if this has no effect - see Note 207264.)

Solution

Introduction

To eliminate or minimize problems that occur during the data transfer between different operating and computer systems, an XML interface was implemented in the R/3 Adapter in addition to the binary transport, which has been used so far.

This XML interface consists of an XML generating program on the OLTP-Plugin and an XML parser on the CRM.

The generating program generates an XML document from the data stream to be sent to the CRM System and the XML parser converts this back into the original data stream. Except for the initial configuration, the mechanism is transparent and does not require further user activities.

Activation

To use XML in CRM 2.0B in the initial download, you have to enter the following new parameter in table SMOFPARSFA (Transaction SM30 or R3AC6) on the CRM server:

Key: R3A_COMMON

Parameter name: CRM_SEND_XML

Parameter value: 'X'

In CRM 2.0C, table SMOFPARSFA does not have to be maintained since XML is automatically the standard setting.

For the data transfer with XML in delta download you must do the following

Maintain parameter table CRMPAROLTP in PlugIn Release PI 2000.1, patch 03:Newly enter parameter name CRM_SEND_XML_FOR_DEFAULT_DEST with parameter value 'X'.

Maintain parameter table CRMRFCPAR as of PlugIn Release PI 2000.2:Transaction SM30, set field SEND_XML of CRMRFCPAR to value 'X' for the corresponding entries

Advantage

The data transport in the XML format solves both the endian problem (see Note 207264) and the code page problem which existed during a data transport from or to an IBM mainframe (AS/400, S/390) to or from an ASCII-based system (NT, UNIX).

Deactivation

Regarding the performance, the XML format has the disadvantage that the XML parser needs CPU time (which can be processed in parallel because no database access is made).If you want to do without the XML conversion in a specially defined system landscape, then set parameter CRM_SEND_XML to blank in the CRM System, and set table CRMPAROLTP (PI 2000.1) or CRMRFCPAR (PI 2000.2) without XML in the R/3 OLTP.In addition, parameter CRM_CONVERT_ENDIAN must be maintained correctly in the CRM System (see Note 0207264).

You can do without the XML conversion under the following conditions.

1. The OLTP system infrastructure and the CRM system infrastructure mustbe homogeneous. Example: all OLTP application servers UNIX and all CRMapplication servers NT.

2. You must also make sure that no application servers with different operating systems are used in future.

3. The OLTP system infrastructure must be homogeneous.In the CRM System it is possible to limit the application servers permitted for the processing of the queues by setting a specific server group.The application servers of these group servers must be homogeneous.However, the setting is valid for all inbound queues and cannot be restricted to specific queue names.

You can set up a server group with Transaction RZ12, and in Transaction SMQR you can set up the server group used for the processing via menu option 'Edit' -> 'Change AS group'. For details on this, see Note 369007.

As SAP cannot check the customer's system landscape,this option is to be classified on project basis where the responsibility is the customer's and not SAP's.

If homogeneous system infrastructures do not exist, the time required for saving data and documents can nevertheless be significantly reduced by carrying out the XML conversion in one asynchronous step.For this, you must maintain parameter CRM_XML_BACKGROUND_PROCESSING_ON in table CRMPAROLTP. For this purpose, refer to Note 350176.

Notice

Since the IPC is currently not able to process the XML document of the R/3 Adapter, XML must not be activated for IPC targets in CRMRFCPAR!

Since, in addition to the existing data mapping and data transport, the XML generation and the XML parsing is included in the sequence of operations, you must expect a download runtime which might be twice as long as usual!

Due to performance reasons, only the '&', '<' and '>' characters are converted into XML escape sequences at present.Therefore, other special characters in text fields might cause problems and might not be output correctly on the target system.

The XML conversion does not solve problems with multi-byte texts, for example the data exchange between a Japanese and an English codepage is not supported.

Source code corrections

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 25.07.2001 22:00:00

Priority: Recommendations/additional info

Category: Special development

Primary Component: CRM-MW-ADP Middleware Adapter

Secondary Components: CRM-MW Middleware

Affected Releases

Software

Component Release From

Release To

Release And

subsequent

MDM 200 200 200

COM_CRMMDM 40 4.0 4.0

UIFRW 40 4.0 4.0

CGVMIC 10 100 100

BBPCRM 2.0 20B 20C X

BBPCRM 3.0 300 300 X

BBPCRM 3.1 310 310 X

BBPCRM 3.5 350 350 X

BBPCRM 4.0 400 400 X

Correction delivered in Support Package

Support

Packages Release Package

Name

BBPCRM 20C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Also to add, I have since removed the 'Inactive' tick in the Initial Flows Contexts tab for DNL_CUST_BASIS3 and the error message has now gone, as per the one I described orginally.

I now get the error message:

"The current application triggered a termination wi th a short dump.Message no. SR053"

The message is displayed in SMQ1 when I click on SYSFAIL in the status column,

Any help on getting past this would be appreciated.

Thanks

SW.