cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager & Business Process Repository (BPR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the BPR standard SAP content and not dynamic? e.g. does not represent what is actually configured/enhanced in ECC or other SAP components?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes, It is static. It can be updated with new support packages for the component ST-ICO.

The processes configured are stored not in the BPR. Instead they are stored in the Solution Directory.

Regards,

Valdecir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want a little clarification so that I do not mislead anyone. So for our implementation we created custom processes to meet our needs. Solman will not automatically map those processes out, only the previous ones that SAP generated. Correct? Which is why we have 2way communication between ARIS and Solman. If I wanted to update the process in Solman I would modify the existing process in ARIS and transfer to Solman.

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes, you are right. Whenever you need to update a process designed by You, then you have to use Aris and update Solution Manager. This can be done in two ways.

Regarding the BPR it is just a repository where SAP provides standard processes used all around the world. Whenever SAP updates this repository, then the new updates will be available with the next ST-ICO support package.

The BPR is just an accelerator. If the process you want is there, why should you recreate it from scratch ( transactions, configurations, test cases, etc )?

Hope this helps you understand this better.

Best regards,

Valdecir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your help. I do have one more question. We recently did a new sap implementation (ecc 6.0) and our integrator used viso to document our processes for blue printing. Because the systems were not fully configured yet, and users did not have a full understanding of the SAP processes, many of the process documents did not get updated to match the real processes. We are going thru another project where those documents will be viewed as a starting point. Since we own ARIS, but it's not installed yet I thought it would be a good idea to do a gap analysis with what was done in blue printing (viso) vs what is available from Solman and if gaps are found, update the new documents in ARIS/Solman.

Does this make sense? Basically I want to leverage ARIS for future documentation of our business processes and update our existing processes.

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes, it is possible to work in this approach.

good luck and best wishes.

Valdecir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (0)