cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Fails at J2EE - Creating/Modifying Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody shed a little light on the following error? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

INFO[E] 2004-06-23 15:05:12

A system error occurred when executing function LookupAccountName. ErrorNo=1332

ERROR 2004-06-23 15:05:12

MOS-01228 User 'alphaserver\SAPServiceP64' is not registered from the operating system. The UID cannot be retrieved.

ERROR 2004-06-23 15:05:12

MOS-01224 Unable to add privileges 'SeServiceLogonRight SeNetworkLogonRight SeDenyInteractiveLogonRight SeDenyRemoteInteractiveLogonRight' to account 'alphaserver\SAPServiceP64' on host '.'.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see also page 55 at the documentation for the installation of the sap was 640 abap for windows

"NEVER PERFORM A LOCAL INSTALLATION ON A DOMAIN CONTROLLER".

well, now i know why.

Message was edited by: Gideon Lenz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved the error. Actually it resolved itself. I ended up reinstalling windows server 2003 and this time leaving active directory off, reinstalling sql server, and sun jdk. it worked this time. Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I i am having exactily the same problem. But i cant reinstall windows now. Is there any solution for this problem??

Regards,

Arul Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i had the same problem and solved it!

At the point the installations fails, installations want to check if the users are created correct. I have checked this manually and all users and rights were created correctly. So only the check fails.

If you stop the installations at this point (NOT press RESET) and edit the keydb.xml and change the status for this point from ERROR to OK, you can restart the installation and the installation continues.

This will occur 3 or 4 times during installation.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Olaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

i encountered the same error. well, be aware that you MUSTN`T perform a local installation when you are in a domain.

if you try to do it - as i did at first - you will receive this error message. this can be explained by the fact that the installation routine creates users according to the following pattern:

is created. (pattern2)

ths system tries to detect the users by using the pattern 1. since the users are created by pattern2, the system cannot retrieve the UID and puts out the message RENT IT quoted.

my solution is: if you are in a domain, delete all the user groups the system installed, restart the installation and choose DOMAIN INSTALLTION.

all users will then be installed correctly.

i assume that RENT IT´s second attempt worked, because the server wasn´t assigned to a domain after being reinstalled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

looking at the error, the account "alphaserver/SAPServiceP64" isn't found (it's difficult to add privileges to a user, which doesn't exist). Is there any log entry concerning the user creation?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes there are log entries that show the user SAPServiceP64 has been created. The user SAPServiceP64 is also visible in the Active Directory Users and Computers management. Here is the log:

INFO[E] 2004-06-25 13:08:59

Account user="alphaserver\SAPServiceP64" does not exist. <#1>

INFO 2004-06-25 13:09:08

Account alphaserver\SAPServiceP64 added to group alphaserver\SAP_P64_GlobalAdmin.

INFO 2004-06-25 13:09:13

Account alphaserver\SAPServiceP64 added to group ALPHASERVER\Administrators.

INFO 2004-06-25 13:09:18

Account alphaserver\SAPServiceP64 added to group alphaserver\SAP_LocalAdmin.

INFO 2004-06-25 13:09:22

Account alphaserver\SAPServiceP64 added to group alphaserver\SAP_P64_LocalAdmin.

INFO 2004-06-25 13:09:22

<b>Account alphaserver\SAPServiceP64 created.</b>

• Transaction begin ********************************************************

INFO[E] 2004-06-25 13:09:22

A system error occurred when executing function LookupAccountName. ErrorNo=1332

ERROR 2004-06-25 13:09:22

MOS-01228 User 'alphaserver\SAPServiceP64' is not registered from the operating system. The UID cannot be retrieved.

ERROR 2004-06-25 13:09:22

MOS-01224 Unable to add privileges 'SeServiceLogonRight SeNetworkLogonRight SeDenyInteractiveLogonRight SeDenyRemoteInteractiveLogonRight' to account 'alphaserver\SAPServiceP64' on host '.'.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Do you have Admin rights on this computer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I was logged in as Administrator.