cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction OMJJ - Control Movement Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Listeners,

I have been presented with an issue from our auditors as to the access to Movement Types 501 and 561; they would like that these movement type not be available to the users

I have identified all roles that contain the field name BWART (movement types) and have updated all the security roles and removed movement types 501 and 561

The auditors have presented screen shots using transaction OMJJ that identifies these movement types as being available in specific transactions

Can someone explain the use of transaction OMJJ in regards to movement types;

I am thinking that this transaction can be used to control what transactions may execute specific movement types or be used for user defined movement types; however, if I have removed access to 501 and 561 in the actual roles, then what is defined in OMJJ can be misleading since execution of said movement types would fail at that time;

Am I correct in my assumption or am I missing something?

Thanks

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson, Inc.

630-758-2021

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

You need to see the object associated with OMJJ (user table USOBT) and see if the object are maintained or not.

Try to see the role from where user can make the changes.

Hope that helps

Pranab

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question has been ansered as noted in my last response

Jerry Synoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

What I could get regarding MMOJ is that transaction OMJJ is to create new movement types and provide the possibility of using it through different transactions. If the person has already removed it from the authorization then it is better way. Please do not remove it from omjj because the movement types 501 and 561 are normally used during the cutover phase of the project to uplaod the stock.

Hope it helps a bit in the understanding.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for the responses

I have found out that the settings that I see when I execute transaction OMJJ are what was delivered with the installation of SAP; I reviewed this with the developers and no one was aware of making specific changes to these entries; I have determined that my assumption of controlling the Movement Types within the security roles is in fact controlling who has access to what movement types, regardless of what is in the information of transaction OMJJ

To allow for movement type 561 (501 has not been determined as a need), which has been used during "conversions", I have defined a specific role with movement type 561 only which can be distributed to users on an "as need basis"; any entries that are defined with OMJJ out of the box remain as is

I also believe that OMJJ can be used in defining "new movement types" as was mentioned in one of the responses

I will mark this question as "answered"

Thanks everyone

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson, Inc

630-758-2021