cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

config_...-Acivities?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my CBS activity view I can see a lot of "config..." activities. What are those and why are they not seen by the Developer itself? Why can the delevoper not activate the "config"-activities in his NWDS?

Regards

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

each time a DC is created NWDS will create such an activity to create the root folder of the DC in DTR. Typically the name consists of "config_" + the user Id + some timestamp + a GUID.

You can also check these activities in the Closed Activities view and take a look at the files they contain. There should only be some folders (especially the _comp-Folder).

Due to the way empty folders are transported/propagated there is no need to explicitly activate them.

Best regards,

Marc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

thanks. What do you mean by "Due to the way empty folders are transported/propagated there is no need to explicitly activate them."? I have quite a long list of those- isn't it necessary to activate them all so that the folders gt created in the active ws?

Regards

Volker

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

No, the activities containing only folders need not be activated. DTR does not transport empty folders - when a transported file belongs to a path that does not exist in the target, the folders corresponding to this path are automatically created in the target workspace.

Take a look at note 782995.

Regards,

Manohar