cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed visual composer and experience some errors.

My system fails to connect to the backend system in VC. I am able to create SAP transaction iviews for the system, see the alias, and user mapping is configured.

When I perform the System Connection test for my system which based on the load balancing template. All the test fail except the ITS test.

- SAP Web AS - SAP Web Application Server

- ITS Connection Tests the connection to an SAP

- Connection Test for Connectors Tests

- Connection Test Through DQE

Must all these test pass, or is it enough with only a subset of these tests. Does the alias have to be the same as the logical system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

What is the error that you are getting?

What is the result for the following test: Connection Test for Connectors Tests

Thanks in advance,

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deep,

this is the result of connector test.

<i>Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.</i>

User mapping is correctly set up, but the rest is not correct set up. What is the step my basis personel need to perform in order to get this to work. Is there some sort of activation which must be performed on the ECC (ERP2004) in order for it to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

It is a genuin problem. Just tell your Portal Administrator to give the userid (which you are using to log in to the portal from VC) the full authority for the alias you want to access from VC, as it is the portal administrator who has the rights to give access to various portal users. In the portal, the administrator can give a user the access to an alias by selecting that alias and change the required property.

Try the following flow to get the required document:-

help.sap.com->SAP Netweaver->SAP Netweaver 2004->people integration->portal->Administration Guide->System Administration->Permission,Role/User........

Check out the given help document, I hope it will help you in solving your problem.

Check out the section 3.2 (specially steps 25-30) in the pdf file provided in the following link :-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6209b52e-0401-0010-6a9f-d40...

Thanks in advance,

Deep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deep,

thanks for your effort. I should have told you that the user I'm logging on to in VC is super_admin of the portal. But also tried to give the username full control of the alias (until now only the super_admin had access to it). Did not make any difference as expected.

Could it be an issue that i the user I log on with in the backend system (R/3) is not an administrative user in that system. Maybe it does not have enough access to fetch the bapi's? Could that be an issue.

Regards,

Jørgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

Have you gone through the steps in the pdf file?

If yes then there is no issue from portal side. Check out the authority of the credentials that are used to connect to the backend systems.

Thanks in advance,

Deep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

I have gone through the steps in the pdf file. It does not work. Most of our systems have Single-Sign On from the portal, will this not work?

Do you have to use usermapping in order to connect to a system from VC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

Let me try to clarify what happens exactly, how to define a system :-

1. Create a new system; define all its properties

2. Create a default system alias.

3. Create a user mapping (from the user you use in VC) to the system alias, using the userpassword (this user must also have authority to call function modules from that back-end) to the backend system.

4. TEST the connection in the portal. If the test succeeds, it should be visible in VC discovery panel.

In your case, don’t forget to map your portal user with an R3 user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deep,

I am thankfull for you help. I am aware of how a system is created. My systems turn up in Visual Composer but the connection fails. I am able to to use ITS connection agains this system (e.g transactions iviews). In the connection test the ITS test is sucessfull but the other tests fails.

My question is:

which connections must pass in order for VC to work. All the test, just the connector test, just webAS test, two of them and so on.

- since my connector test fails, is there some sort of activation which needs to be performed on the ECC in order for it to work.

Thanks for you help. I think I will open an OSS as we do not seem to get closer to the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

From what I can tell in this thread you are connecting to a mySAP ERP system so really in truly the test you would hope to work is the connection test for connectors. However, have you tried to actually create an iView in the VC with this backend system?

If so, was it successful? If not, make sure you increase the level of logging within the VC so that you are able to troubleshoot appropriately.

I have seen at a client site this particular behavior which you are experiencing. A portal is configured using SSO and SAPLogonTickets and the Connection tests fail, however the client still was able to connect and create iViews successfully.

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Ruud,

I am very interested in the solution of the problem.

Did you have any solutions now ? I have the same problem.

Thank you for a short information.

Uwe Strammer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

I am in a dialog with SAP now about finding a solution (OSS message), I will keep you all posted when a solution is found.

Best regards,

Jørgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorgen,

I have managed it now.

I want to connect VC with an mySAP ERP ECC 5.0 System.

Very important is the check of the connection to the sap system.

the follwing tests must pass

- WAS Test

- ITS Test failed but is working all right

- Connection Test for Backend Systems

also important for you is using the right template for creating a system in portal area.

If you want detailed information let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's all nice, but what about when my backend system as old R/3 4.6C. The connection test doesn't work, SAP WinGUI based business packages do work and VC again does not. This is a little bit weird ...

Any other clue ?

THX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out OSS Note 929015. There is an attached PDF that has information on troubleshooting this.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I too have the same problem,if u find any solution, please share.......

Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I use authentication as a SAPLOGON, this makes any difference

anybody has any idea......

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jai,

Have u given proper system gateway server and service of ur backend system in portal?

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please do the ncessary setting here

1)Create a backend system in system admin>> sys config

2)Create the system in SLD

3)Create a system alais

4) Start the service in back end (/sap/bc/bsp/sap)

5)check ur WAS Entry properties

WAS Description --> Description.

WAS Host Name ---> R3host.domain.com:ABAP_WAS_port (default is 8000)

WAS Path ---> /sap/bc/bsp/sap

WAS Protocol --> http/https

6) do the ncessary user mappings.

Hope it goes well

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Uwe, can you help me on how you managed to connect to the backend system. I am having the same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

follow the following steps :

You will need to define those back-end systems in the portal.

For e.g., After you define JDBC and R3 systems in the portal - it will be visible in VC.

To define a system:

1. Create a new system; define all its properties

2. Create a default system alias.

3. Create a user mapping (from the user you use in VC) to the system alias, using the user\password to the backend system.

4. TEST the connection in the portal. If the test succeeds, it should be visible in VC discovery panel.

VC retrieves the systems via the portal.

You have to define the systems or use the defined systems in the portal you are connected.

To define systems in the portal:

System Administration => system configuration => system landscape:

in the PCD: right click on a folder and Add new system.

Then you have to define all the mandatory properties: Connector / Was / User management ...

don’t forget to map your portal user with an R3 user...

also don't forget to give the user the access to the alias.

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not must to pass all connection tests.

Which tests it should pass depends on the type of the iViews.

Suppose an iView is created using ITS connection, the system should pass the Coonection test though ITS.

Alias name need not be the Logical system name.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna