cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoreaction: Send EMail/SMS on Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am monitoring the freespace of all sapdata directorys of all our satellite systems in our solution manager.

This works quit fine, but i would like to send an Email and SMS to certain people if the red alert on one MTE is triggered.

I already searched a little bit about autoreaction methods and ALM. But i am not sure which way i should use.

Autoreactions would probably be easier to configure, but i think there is no way to send an Email AND a SMS.

So if someone knows a way, please tell me. And if there is no other option than using the ALM, could please someone post me a link to a guid.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

thank you for your information. Actually i don't have the time to work me throu this. But i hope next week i can get right on it!

I will give you my response as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Benjamin Ziegler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

our Solution Manager is the CEN and gets alls CCMS Data through sapccm4x and sapccmsr agents.

Unfortunately ARM is not enough for our needs and i need to configure the Alert Management (ALM). Our Solution Manager should also be the central ALM Server.

Can you give me such a great guid for configuration of ALM from the start, too, as you did for the autoreaction methods?

Or maybe anybody else?

Thanks in advance!

Benjamin Ziegler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

If u like to sent Mails as an react on alerts u have first du define in which situation ur monitoring system is.

- central monitoring System -- satellite Systems pushing their performance information by agent (sapccm*)

- local monitoring System -- all managed systems were connected via RFC only.

Difference between these methodologies is the handling of alerts. If u use the central one u2026 the solution manager (CEN System) is the master of decision and alert handling in all connected systems (via agent). In local one u have to setup alert handling in the satellites itself. The CEN system will never be able to decide for an system that is only connected by RFC u2026 The reason is quite easy: Consistency of Error handling , if u have more than one monitoring system, u got problems when u decide different error handlings u2026 via Agent u can connect to only one primary CEN system u2026 everytime only one system decide on the error handling u2026 doesnu2019t matter what u define in the local system or secondary CEN systems u2026 the only system decide is the small agent application -> If u like to know more about the technology u2026 so let me know

OK, If u define this question u can select the right implementation for ur ARM (Auto React Method):

CEN Method:

1. Configure ur Mailing System on CEN System (CLIENT 000) -> Transaction SCOT u2013 ask ur system admin or use a reference system to get information which parameters are interesting for u

2. Set the Company domain -> TA: SCOT -> Settings -> default domain

3. Create an an user with the send method eMail -> TA: SU01 -> Address Tab -> u2018CommMethodu2019 and set a sender address in u2018E-Mailu2019 -> Save and exit Client 000

4. Logon productive Client of CEN -> TA: RZ21 -> Technical Infrastructure -> Configure Central System -> Activate Central System Dispatching

5. Stay in TA RZ21 -> in the middle of the screen section methods -> select methods definition u2013 and display -> Search for the method u201CCCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2u201D and copy that one eg. Z_ARM_MAIL_CEN

6. Open the new method (Z_ARM_MAIL_CEN) and set the following parameters:

a. TAB CONTROL: Select option u201Conly in central systems, trigger by CCMS Agentu201D

b. TAB Parameters: Here please refer to SAP NOTE 176492 u2026 there should be a description why user in 000 and so on u2026.

c. TAB Release: Select Auto React Method

7. Save and exit

8. Stay in TA RZ21 -> Technical Infrastructure -> Configure Central System -> Assign Central Auto React Method

9. Select in every frame the right option u like to have

a. System ID -> should be clear

b. MTE Class -> is ur monitoring object .. u can select more than one by pushing the control key on ur keyboard

c. Define central ARM -> here should be listed ur new method

d. Push the button: Assign Central Auto react method

10. The assignment should be listed in the bottom frame

11. Finish u2026 it should be working now U can see the result in SCOT (Client 000) after raising the error u2026

Local Method

1. Configure ur Mailing System on CEN System (CLIENT 000) -> Transaction SCOT u2013 ask ur system admin or use a reference system to get information which parameters are interesting for u

2. Set the Company domain -> TA: SCOT -> Settings -> default domain

3. Create an an user with the send method eMail -> TA: SU01 -> Address Tab -> u2018CommMethodu2019 and set a sender address in u2018E-Mailu2019 -> Save and exit Client 000

4. Logon productive Client of CEN -> TA: RZ21 -> Technical Infrastructure -> Local Method Execution -> Activate background Dispatching

5. Stay in TA RZ21 -> in the middle of the screen section methods -> select methods definition u2013 and display -> Search for the method u201CCCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2u201D and copy that one eg. Z_ARM_MAIL_LOC

6. Open the new method (Z_ARM_MAIL_CEN) and set the following parameters:

a. TAB CONTROL: Select option u201Cperiodically in background processu201D

b. TAB Parameters: Here please refer to SAP NOTE 176492 u2026 there should be a description why user in 000 and so on u2026.

c. TAB Release: Select Auto React Method

7. Save and exit

8. GoTo TA RZ20 (CCMS) -> Start the Monitor where ur Object is located in -> Go to ur object and open the properties of the MTE CLASS

9. Click in the menu on GOTO -> Method assignment for MTE Class

10. Change in edit Mode -> Select ur method in the Section ARM

11. Finish u2026 it should be working now U can see the result in SCOT (Client 000) after raising the error u2026

Hopefully I can help u a little bit u2026 let me know if there are any further question on that topic!

Best regards Lars

Edited by: Lars Teuber on Aug 13, 2008 11:12 AM