cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM_Characterstics with multiple vlaue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gyes,

I have an issue in quality management i have one quantity characterstics such as density. whose values are changing with materials (including lower & upper limit) & materials are with batch mgmt.

my question is how can i give multiple value range for the same characterstics for different materials.

pl. explain.

with regards,

sharad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kareena / Sharad,

You need to assign different limits to a MIC that is attached to a Inspection plan.

The Dependent characteristics will defiantly help you.

[Wiki|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/SameParameters-DifferentSpecifications]

For details refer the above pasted link for Wiki.

In this wiki you should neglect the Vendor, and amp the scenario for two different Materials Vs a MIC.

For any query pls revert.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

as per your sugession i tested but system says that dependent char. spec are not allowed for ref insp. char are not allowed.

i tried with out reference then it is possible to create dependent but the results are not transported to batches in classification view.

pl. suggest me.

Regards,

Kareena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

I got the answer the master inspection with charracterstics assignment with flexible value are possible. really your information was quite useful to me.

once again thnks to you

bye take care,

with regards,

kareena

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You set your values in the general characteristic that is then linked to the MIC. In the general characterisitc set the values to the largest/widest values allowed for the test. I.e. for a test measured in %, set the general characteristics to 0-100.

Then create your MIC with reference to the general charac. The values will be automatically copied.

Now create an 023 batch class. Add the characteristics you want to use. In the class, set the actual spec range for each characteristic. Make sure you click on the indicator "additional values" allowed otherwise no out-of-spec values can be recorded.

In the material master, assign the material(s) to the batch class. IF needed, you can change a spec in this view it needs to be slighlty different. Not recommended except for unusual circumstances.

Create your plans with the mics. Maintain the material spec.

When an inspection lot is created, the specs are copied to the inspection lot down from the class and material.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

I created characterstics with numerical format ct04. with max range 0- 100

then with this help created mic qs21.----results copied

created class cl02.

assigned char. to class.- NO additiona value tick made.

insp plan created material assignment seen but mic row is suppress with no values of min & max.

When i carried out RR following.

1. no limit seen on screen

2. i can able to give value more than range.

3. values are not floating in batch.

pl. suggest me.

Regards,

Kareena

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't mention if you assigned the class to the material in the material master (MM02) and maintained the material spec, (QS61).

Once you do those, the specs should be copied to the inspection lot when it is created.

Do not unlock the mics in the inspection plan to modify them or maintain specs there. Leave them alone.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Create master inspection characteristics by t code QS21 in that you will get first screen maintained quantitative character and where control indicator where you can give lower and upper limit there and assigned that inspection characteristics in qp01 t code. then whenever you have to result recording for QE51N you can enter result within limit

regards

Pravin