cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Upgrade Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

We have SAP R3 4.7 on Oracle and Using HP-Unix.We also have one dialog instance installed on different host.This Weeked i upgraded my kernel from 620 to 640 patch level 221.

When I completing all process and restarted system on central instance everything was fine but when i started dialog instance it was showing error while starting SAPOSCOL like:

"Different Load value"

Even dialog instance also got startup after this message and i was able to login into the dialog instance also.As that we need our system to become online ASAP So what I did I rebooted my system from OS level and replaced SAPOSCOL with my old kernel backup.

Reason of rebooting the server from OS was as system was running that time so i was not able to restore SAPOSCOL as while copying it was showing Text file is busy.Beside it i was also not able to stop SAPOSCOL service.

One other strange thing that I monitor that time was that in SM51 I found three instances while we only have two instances.

After replacing SAPOSCOL file everthing got managed and no error in starting.

From last two days my system is also working fine.

Now I want to know as in my kernel SAPOSCOL is of 620 release kernel and all other files of 640,can it create any problem in future.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shivam,

No, probably it will not create any problem, the higher versions having the downward compatibility.

But try to find root cause of the error. If you were unable to trace I suggest you to open an OSS message for the same.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPOSCOL is only required to collect the OS parameter which it will pass to central monitoring system.

If SAPOSCOL is running, there wont be any problem for system.