cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manger Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my requirement is to do automatic import data into repositories.

I placed one xml file in the inbound - ready folder.

i did all the setup in import server.

But my xml is not yet imported.

i stop and started the import server.

Thanks in advance

vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Kindly check for the following settings:

- The port in the console is set to Automatic Instead of Manual

- The delay is set in the MDIS.ini file correctly and you are checking the Data manger for updates only after the delay time

- Check and see the exception folders in the MDM server port you are using if there are any structure or calur or import exception

- Also check the Archive Folder

- Lastly you can try by performing manual importing for the same source file and see if this time it gets imported successfuly.

You can refer the related links

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1d...

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=15096587&messageID=5858305

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=15096587&messageID=5691933

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=15096587&messageID=5427904

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=15096587&messageID=5451273

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=15096587&messageID=5826491

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nitin/simona,

Thanks for reply.

In my Bussiness partner repository, i have catogory structure, taxonamy.

Is it mandatory to import seperately for taxonamy, qualified look up table while importing records into repository.

I have excel sheet data with some data.

after importing it , when i check any partner number, there is no value for qualified look up field.

Please clear my doubts.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Lookups,Taxonomy ,Hierachy tables are all subtables.

So they need to be imported before importing the main table data.

As for Automating the import process you have to create a saved map and mention the map name in the console for that port configuration

But if you have multiple tables to be imported then all of them cannot be saved in a single map.

So the solution to this is complete the importing of all the lookups and taxonomy table in your rep prior to the main table importing.

And while performing the main table importing save it and mention the map name in console->ports.

after importing it , when i check any partner number, there is no value for qualified look up field.

To link the partner number to the Qualified table records you will have to import the qualified table initially and then while performing the main table importing append the links to the qualified table records.

Eg:When you will be mapping the main table you will have to map the qualifiers and the primary key as in your case the product number as the non qualifiers are already imported as you would have completed the qualified table importing as recommended in my post.

So in this case the links gets updated and you will have the qualified tabel values as against the main table rec.

Follow the below related links on qualified importing

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Thanks for reply.

i can now import my records.

what i did is i gave the value "No" to the field "block on structural exception".

My xml schema structure is wrong.

Anyway my aim is to upload the records into the repository.

I rewarded the points for you.

Regards,

vijay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If your Admin user contains password then you need to specify the same in MDIS.ini file in your repository section.

Remove E from the attribute PASSWORDE and specify the password

E.g.

Earlier

User = Admin

PasswordE = ASJL12346LHD

Now

User = Admin

Password = Pass123

Restart the Import Server attribute Password should be converted back to PasswordE and then try importing.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

my requirement is to do automatic import data into repositories.

I placed one xml file in the inbound - ready folder.

i did all the setup in import server.

But my xml is not yet imported.

i stop and started the import server

I think some configuration might be missing in the MDIS.ini file

PLease go through this info below:

This is what you can find in Help.sap.com for trouble shooting if the files are not egtting processed by the MDIS:

Import Files Are Not Being Processed By MDIS

If you notice that source files are not being imported into an MDM repository, the problem likely stems from one or more of the following causes:

● Server or repository status

● Port problems

● MDIS configuration errors

● Source file problems

Checking Server and Repository Status

Before doing anything else, check the following:

● Are both the Master Data Server and MDIS started?

● Is the target MDM repository loaded?

You can check the status of the Master Data Server (MDS) and the target repository from the MDM Console. You can check the status of MDIS from the Services window of its host server (for more information, see Starting and Stopping MDIS).

If the servers arenu2019t running or the repository isnu2019t loaded, no imports can occur.

Checking for Port Problems

If the servers and repository are loaded and running, check the portu2019s Detail pane in the MDM Console:

● Is the port type Inbound?

● Is the portu2019s Processing property set to Automatic?

● What is the portu2019s status?

MDIS works exclusively on inbound, automatic ports. If the port is set up for outbound or manual processing, MDIS will not process files contained in the port.

If a portu2019s status is Empty, then no import file is present in the portu2019s Ready folder (for more information, see Import File Location).

If the portu2019s status is Blocked, it means that MDIS attempted to import a file from the portu2019s Ready folder and encountered a structural exception (for more information, see Port Blocking in What Happens When Exceptions Occur?). You must fix this exception before MDIS will process any additional files from the port.

Checking MDIS Configuration Settings

If the previous steps do not fix the problem, verify the following parameter settings in the mdis.ini file:

● Server

● Login

● Password

MDIS must be able to connect to the Master Data Server (MDS) in order to send imported records to the repository. The Server, Login, and Password parameters in the mdis.ini file tell MDIS which MDS to connect to and what login and password credentials to use when connecting. If the login and password values in the mdis.ini file do not match a login and password combination specified for the repository in the MDM Console, MDIS will not be able to connect to the MDS.

You can check for login errors by opening the MDIS log file, which is located in the Logs subdirectory of the MDIS installation directory. If the login and password contained in the mdis.ini file are incorrect, an u201Cinvalid logon credentialsu201D error will appear in the MDIS log. This is a cue to check the login and password values in the mdis.ini file against those in the MDM Console.

An u201Cinvalid logon credentialsu201D log entry is shown in the figure below.

For more information about the mdis.ini file, see MDIS Configuration.

Checking for Source File Problems

If everything seems to be configured correctly, but a file is taking a very long time to import, it is possible that there is a problem with the source file. Make sure that the source file format matches the port format, and that the source file does not require pre-processing (for more information see File Formats Compatible With MDIS and Solutions for Other XML Formats ).

You will find the above info and some other additional info from the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/12036df94c3e92e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm -> Go to MDM Import Server ( MDIS )

Following above steps you can trouble shoot your problem.

You can also find the complete process of Automated Import and Syndication in the link mentioned below:

1) Master Data Management Import Server and Master Data Management Syndication Server - Webinar Powerpoint

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1d...

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain