cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost of free goods in header

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all

i have configured free goods,in the order the cost is coming for free goods at item level and it is not adding to the header cost total.

for eg:i have 2 items and 1 free item.costs r 300,400,500 respectively.

in the header it is showing only 700 as cost.

i observed the inventory doc is posting correctly with 1200(which includes free goods cost).

can anybody tell weather it should add up or not and how it can be done??

thanks

reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yugandhar

Check

SPRO->Sales and Distribution->Basic Functions->Free Goods->Control Free Goods Pricing->

Control Pricing For Free Goods Item Category you will find statistical value

or in VOV7 below pricing you find statistical value

Statistical values

Indicates whether the system takes the value of an item into account

when it determines the total value of a document.

There are three options

System will copy item to header totals

X No cumulation - Values cannot be used statistically

Y No cumulation - Values can be used statistically

Check if it is initial for your item category

Standard for TANN is initial and pricing is B Pricing for free goods (100% discount)

Do give your feedback

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As u saying its free goods and you have put B option i.e.(pricing for free goods 100%) we use this when we need to post its cost to accounting after PGI for this we have to put condition type R100 in pricing procedure .as u saying its being posted then its wroking fine . it will show 700, price of the free item will not be included . but it will be posted to accounting

in the header.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is since the cost of free good is not including in the header costs we r arriving wrong figures of profit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check setting in VTFL against yr billing type and delivery type and check item category settings

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not gettting in the sales order header itself??

Edited by: YUGANDHAR REDDY on Aug 14, 2008 8:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar

Please check the setting for "Deternmine cost" in the item category for the free goods

check if this tick mark is activated, the system should then able to calculate the cost for the free goods

hope this helps

thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

item cat determine cost is checked and it is coming in item level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear akasha

i told several times it is appearing in item level.only thing is its not updating at header level.for ur information the item category for free good 'determine cost' is checked already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Y Reddy

If u really want to solve ur problem try...

>Keep Statistical value field blank for yr sales doc item category of free good in Tcode OVKO

I have tried and simulate the same and find that the free good item value is adding to sales order header. U check in the above said field must be X or Y is used.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

d

Former Member
0 Kudos

d

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear dwarakesh

sorry for the delay in my response.

what u r suggesting is right but if i remove statistical value in vov7 the free good value will pass to accounting.but my client dosen't wants accounting entry for free good.

pls suggest any other possible alternatives which can take care of both.

thaks & regards

reddy

Edited by: YUGANDHAR REDDY on Aug 22, 2008 9:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go to spro>sales and distribution>basic functions>free goods>control free goods pricing-->set transfer of costs to main item..it is the main control function for the cost of freegoods to sent to main item..select ur delivery document as source doc and billing document as target doc..give ur freegoods item category..then u may get ur freegoods cost in the order level also..

hope it may help u..

regards..

yogi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes the system is functioning fine. it will show 700, price of the free item will not be included

in the header.

regards,

anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sorry, if u talking about cost price of the material then it should show in the header.

regards,

anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

i didn't understood how will a copy control from del-billling can control the header conditions in the order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is a special pricing copy control function available for free goods only which enables to add the cost of freegood to the main item..

regards..

yogi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply.

i checked this.it is not giving freegood cost in the order header.

Edited by: YUGANDHAR REDDY on Aug 13, 2008 6:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar

Please check the setting for "Deternmine cost" in the item category for the free goods

check if this tick mark is activated, the system should then able to calculate the cost for the free goods

hope this helps

thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go to Tcode OVKO select item categroty of yr sales doc and in pricing put 'X'

Please try.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for ur information what i am using is pricing field is B-for free goods, X-for regular

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Keep blank for statical value for yr free item category in OVKO and try.

Edited by: DWARKESH THAKKAR on Aug 14, 2008 8:42 AM