Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPML List along with T-CODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the specific T-Codes which are needed to be included within the list

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All T-codes everyone on your system is using or is intending to use.

So, this question is answered.

Now please put in a little more effort yourself before asking vague and general questions again. Of course we cannot tell you which T-codes go into your list. You haven't even told us which SAP modules you're using..... I'm not clearvoyant.

10 REPLIES 10

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All T-codes everyone on your system is using or is intending to use.

So, this question is answered.

Now please put in a little more effort yourself before asking vague and general questions again. Of course we cannot tell you which T-codes go into your list. You haven't even told us which SAP modules you're using..... I'm not clearvoyant.

0 Kudos

>

I'm not clearvoyant.

I must be...I started to read your reply & knew you would say that

0 Kudos

> I must be...I started to read your reply & knew ....

Still a big no-no here. I was naive enough to think you would really add something to aid the OP

0 Kudos

>

> > I must be...I started to read your reply & knew ....

>

> Still a big no-no here. I was naive enough to think you would really add something to aid the OP

haha naive indeed. You should know better by now

I would only have said the same thing that you did!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The description was insufficient in the starting post. I am giving now more adequate information to my issue.

I am trying to learn SAP Security and new to security module and for the same want to import "Business Blueprint Master List" for selected module ( FI,Co,MM,HR etc) in XLS format.

if respective "Business Process Compnents" T-code can be included in this XLS while generating it...

I tried SE43 for S000 menu, by selecting System--> List option.... But unsuccessful.

Can any one help me and tell me How to create Microsoft Excel List for the Authorization Concept in the System itself.

Thanks

Edited by: indian tiger on Aug 12, 2008 5:26 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no quick way to do this. Looking into menus is a good start. In my experience however, it is not the best way to start.

For each module in an implementation there are functional teams who design processes and customize SAP to the customers' needs. They are the ones who can tell you which transactions will be needed by the end users once the system is live.

Starting to fill your BPML (Business Process Master List) by copying a list of technical entities may give you several hundreds of transactions that will never be used. If you base your authorization design on this list there's a great risk of doing lots of uselesss work.

I personally think a BPML should be started from the business process side. Once you've got a proper view of wat people will do with the SAP system in terms of tasks and process steps you can start incorporating the actual transactions needed to perform those tasks.

For exporting (parts of) a menu you need a print preview in SE43. Unfold (part of) the menu and choose print. Now you get a preview which you can export as a list.

0 Kudos

Hi Indian Tiger,

Importing the SAP menu is, in my opinion, not a good idea. Your functional consultants will see all those tx which they do not use and just select all of them. This will cause you big problems.

How I would start is to go to the functional team and get the list of transactions identified for the functional areas. They will have these lists from the process designs which they created.

This way you can ensure that only the transactions which they have identified are available for users. If the functional team want more tx then they have to put these into the process design documentation and this can act as change control. You can look at that list and sense check it i.e. if there is create and change tx then it's likely that you will want the relevant display transaction too etc.

When you then identify your role titles, only the in-scope tx can be assigned against roles and this will 1. Make your role easier because there is less to add 2. Make your functional consultants responsible for the tx that they want to use.

If you are using the SAP delivered spreadsheet and you are trying to import the menu then you need file bpml.dll to get it to work properly. The last time I saw this was when I was at SAP Education, not sure where you would get a copy

0 Kudos

I tried for financial accounting only and in XLS everything is coming in row in place of columns.....Is there any setting need to be done ????

0 Kudos

That is happening because SAP exports the menu in a heirachical format and there needs to be some significant cleanup.

In the past I have used some excel formulae to fix this.

Good luck with this approach, from bitter experience it can cause far more work for you!

0 Kudos

>

>I would only have said the same thing that you did!

>

> Unfortunately there is no quick way to do this. Looking into menus is a good start. In my experience however, it is not the best way to start.

><SNIP>there are functional teams who design processes and customize SAP to the customers' needs. They are the ones who can tell you which transactions will be needed</SNIP>

>

> Importing the SAP menu is, in my opinion, not a good idea.

><SNIP>How I would start is to go to the functional team and get the list of transactions identified for the functional areas.</SNIP>

Just for the record: Alex and I are not the same person