cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIApplicationFrame BI Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I succeeded to display a BI report by BIApplicationFrame in Web Dynpro.

I understood that it possible to pass predefined values to one or more parameters of the report using code in wdDoModifyView method of view. Could you please give me a sample and more information or documentation about this issue?

Thanks In advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoel,

Look at this thread:

/thread/660292 [original link is broken]

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri

Thank you for your quick answer.

I am not familiar with BW. Could you please guide me what exactly do I need to ask our BW implementer to pass one parameter to the report?

What is

BI_COMMAND_1-BI_COMMAND_TYPE=SET_VARIABLES_STATE&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE=ZVARCUST01&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE=VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE-VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING ?

And what is 0500000003?

Is the rest of the code referring to other parameter? How should I fill the HashMap object for passing one parameter to the report?

Thank in advance

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoel,

I'm also not a BI person...

See if this helps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/234f94cad30d27e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Your BI team should know it...

Another workaround to see how it works is to open standard WAD input screen and see what goes to BI using 'HTTP Watch' or some other sniffer.

Hope it helps,

Omri

In this example:

BI_COMMAND_1-I_COMMAND_TYPE=SET_VARIABLES_STATE&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE=ZVARCUST01&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE=VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE-VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING=0500000003

ZVARCUST01 is the parameter's name

0500000003 is the parameter's value

Edited by: Omri Cohen on Aug 12, 2008 7:15 PM

Answers (0)