cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Billing document without Profit center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Just have a problem on VF03, normally once sales order saved, the Invoice (VF03) will display Profit center directly.

But don't understand why, user said that they can't find Profit center in invoice. It cannot be automatically promote up for user.

Is that related to Account assignment for SD? or another other reason?

thanks

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you are using the WBS in your project,

1.please check the profitcenter and WBS element assignment in CJ03 transaction code.

2. And if it is maintained check if Profitcentre automatically coming into material master ( mm01) or not.

make the settings for automatic determination of profitcentre in material master:

Entreprise controlling-> Profit center accounting-> Assignments to

ProfitCenters--->Material>Perform fast assignment.

3. Now it should automatically come into sales order- account assignment tab--> profitcenter feild

4. check the bellow description of www.sapscene.com

The sales order default is taken from the profit centre on the delivering plant / material master combination. If you do not want this, you can define substitutions to override this. A substitution is basically where the system allows you to specify your own piece of conditional logic to determine which profit centre to post to. You can base your conditions on a variety of fields available on the Sales Order. Usually used if you want to base your mapping on Sales elements rather than on products.

Thanks

Arshad

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just have a problem on VF03, normally once sales order saved, the Invoice (VF03) will display Profit center directly.

But don't understand why, user said that they can't find Profit center in invoice. It cannot be automatically promote up for user.

Is that related to Account assignment for SD? or another other reason?

thanks

Hi Marco,

Did u find the resolution for the above issue.. could you please share the resolution with me because i am also facing the same issue.

Regards,

Pavan

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no action since over two months, I close this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ths for your expertize advise,

1) checked the sales order (VA03)also didn't have Profit center.

2) checked the billing invoice (VF03) also no profit center.

3) even the Sales order complete delivery, the profit center still not exist.

4) I also agree that should not be related Price prodecure.

Since the system is global system with at least 5 SD teams works together with different countries and timezone.

it is abit hard to chase back which part have problem..

Best Regards

Marco

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

Regarding first issue,

1. Invoice without profit center:

You mentioned that there is profit center maintained in the order, delivery that means it will not be determined in Invoice because when invoice is created it will refer to line items of order and delivery.

2. " Pricing error : Mandatory condition z 900 is missing".

This could be the reason of missing condition type in pricing procedure. I think this condition may be deleted manually from the order. Check the Change Log for the order or check the procing procedure settings in SPRO.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As I checked Z table. there was no enhancment on that. However,

user always got error message with

" Pricing error : Mandatory condition z 900 is missing".

Is that it can be a root cause for Profit center display in Sales order?

Ths

Marco

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think that is related to profit center determination that might be error in pricing procedure configuration. Did you check the sales order line items for profit center, if it available then it will come automatically in invoice.

Last chance is to cancel the invoice and create new invoice for sales order if the profit center is available in sales order.

In my support case I found a scenario that where in SD one profit center is maintained but while creating invoice it is changed to different one. The reason was depends on the company code and billing type they have created a Ztable where they have maintained the profit centers and used enhancement to VF01 program

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I checked in VBRP table. the table also didn't show the Profit center in its billing document. But for other billing document, it shows Profit center together. just few of billing document doesn't have Profit center..

Best Regards

Marco

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chung,

You can try the following. First check whether Profit center is available in the sales order line items. Because when invoice is created it will read the data from Sales Order not from the material master.

ALso there would be possibility that termination error may occured in profit center determination also check is there any other criteria in your system configuration to determine profit center Example: some enhancement to the existing program with Z table.

If it is test system then cancel the invoice and debug for while creating new invoice for sales order.

Hope it will throw some lights on your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chan,

Did you check it in table.First you check it in table whether it's reflecting over there or not ?

Rgds

SAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I checked and simulate again in UAT , I'm not sure is that Price condition can be affect Sales order's account assignment for the Profit center?

Any one have this experience that the profit center will not automatcially show up if Price condition problem?

Thanks

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I checked the history of material.. the last change was on June.

But the sales order is created in July. I think not material master problem. Any other idea?

Ths!

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I checked the Material master has been maintained the Profit center. Therefore, it should not be material master problem.

Any other things to check account assignment ?

Please let me know the which T-code able to check with..

ths!

Best Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in Material master, the change history. I Suppose you can view the same in Environment --> Changes

In one of my experience in support issue, Sales Order was created, after which Profit Centre was maintained in Material Master. Hence Profit Centre was not captured in subsequent transaction of the same Sales Order, which was already created prior to maintaining of Profit centre in material master.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned earlier by Rajesh, you can delete upto the delivery document. Then in the sales order you can enter the profit center manually at item level -> account assignment tab. Then delivery and billing documents can be recreated.

Then at the material master level you can maintain the profit center, so that when you create the sales order next time, the profit center will be automatically copied into the sales order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether Profit Centre is maintained in Material Master or not. If it is not maintained it will not reflect in Billing Document and based on customization, it is laos possible that Billing Document is not released to Accounts.

Incase if Billing Dicument is not released to Accounts, there are 2 options:

1. a. Cancel Billing Document --> Cancel PGI --> Cancel Delivery --> Foreclose the Sales Order.

1. b. Maintain Profit Center in Materiala master

1. c.Create Sales Order -->Delivery --> PGI --> Billing

2. With the help of the Abaper, force the Profit Center in Debug Mode in Billing.

Ensure to maintain Profit Center so that same error is avoided.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka