cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDoc Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing Exchange data File to IDoc, every thing is fine. In sender it pick-up the file. In receiver system can't get.

I monitor the XML Message it gives the below Error

<b>Control record must start with tag EDI_DC40, not E1LFA1M</b>

any body help me what is the EDI_DC40. i found this is in message mapping time...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva Reddy.

Long back i have the same problem and i solved it.

Here is the solution EDI_DC40 is the segment of control record .Each and every idoc consist of this segment .

In message mapping you might have disabled this segment.Enable this segment and map the mandatory fields of this segment with some constant values , save and activate the message mapping ..

Example:<b>EDI_DC40-->SEGMENT,TABNAM etc for these fields assign some constant values.

Just enable this segment and atleast assign some constant to field SEGMENT and disable all other mandatory fields then also your proble would be solved</b>

Don't forget to assign points , if you have any concern you can call me over this mobile :098490 65377

Thanks and Regards

N.Prasad Babu

iGATE Global Solutions Hyderabad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I think this error arises because you might have selected the option APPLY CONTROL VALUES FROM PAYLOAD during the configuration of your IDOC adapter. When you do the same, XI expects you to provide the values for the control parameters.

Try configuring the adapter by deselecting this option.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you look at this

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/01/xi-idoc-adapter--edidc40--demystified

Regards,

Anirban.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do look into this thread , it talks of the same error.