cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating MS Access and XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Which is the best way of integrating MS Access and XI ?

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothsna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jyothsna,

check the below blog

Connecting to MS Access using receiver JDBC Adapter (Without DSN)

regards

kummari

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use JDBC adapter and configure below parameters

ransport Protocol: JDBC 2.0

Message Protocol: XML SQL Format

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

JDBC Driver: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb*

Check with basis people for JDBC driver and connection string weather they are activated or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jyothsna,

you can meet your requirement by using JDBC adapter provided by XI. for this you will need to configure a sender/receiver JDBC adapter (depending on req) and install the

MS access driver on J2EE engine of WAS.

for details please refer:

Installing drivers for jdbc and jms adapters

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ffd890-0201-0010-708f-d5dad2df...

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

hope it helps.

thanks.

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lathika,

Even I'm confused regarding this MS Access Data Base coneectivity using JDBC Adapter.

Some one suggest that dumping drivers is not required as we get drivers pre installed by MS Access.

And you are suggesting the other way.

Could be specific and give me clear information relating the same plz if you dont mind.

Best Regards

Praveen

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some one suggest that dumping drivers is not required as we get drivers pre installed by MS Access.

No driver installation is required for MS Access.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi praveen,

drivers are required to be installed for connectivity using JDBC as well as JMS adapters.

these are vendor specific drivers that u install on ur J2EE engine.

plz follow the link mentioned above for the same.

i am not sure but u might have heard drivers are 'provided' by microsoft. but you need to install them.

hope it helps.

thanks.

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear lathika,

Thanks for the reply,

But still I'm in confusion. If I install my MS Access in the PI server it self then, is it still required to install the drivers.

The link which you provided doesn't reflect MS Access Drivers to be installed. nor in the SAP Help is is indicated.

If you got any step by step procedure to install the drivers plz let me know

Thanks in advance

Praveen

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u already have Microsoft Office installed on ur XI machine with MS Access, then as I mentioned earlier, no driver installation is required.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your XI server is Windows based then you don't need drivers for MS ACCESS. else they are required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prateek,

Thanks for the reply for my query, could you plz check the comment section given by me for the webblog written by Sadeb.

[ ]

Please find the query written by me in comment section.

Praveen Kurni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How are you planning to upload the database. Are you planning to go with direct DB access from XI or any shared folder,where you store this data and then some batch program etc uploads the database..

First of all sender side, you can use SOAP adapter as you mentioned it is a Webservice.. But in the receiver I am not sure JDBC adapter does support this.. first of all you can find out about database properties, drivers etc.. like MS SQL etc..

Then you can think of JDBC adapter. Else, you can dump the file into database repository and then some other job will upload the data

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothsna,

Follow the below link.

In the receiver JDBC adapter configuration pass the following parameters,

Transport Protocol: JDBC 2.0

Message Protocol: XML SQL Format

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

JDBC Driver: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb;Uid=yourid;Pwd=yourpwd;

Above info is helpful.

Regards,

Jayasimha Jangam