cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a method by which i can rename a planning book..

I dont want to re-create the planning book

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the suggesttions were same but good..thanks for your time buddies...it solved my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Not only this, you cant Change the Technical Name of any object. The above all the suggestions are good. You can follow any suggestion depending on your feasibility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anuradha,

There is no way to rename a planning book once it is created. The only option you have is to go to /sapapo/sdp8b and create a new planning book with reference to the existing planning book. Once created you need to activate all the macros in the new planning Book. Post this just delete the old Planning book.

Its a simple process and brings the intended result.

Thanks,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Renaming the planning book is not possible, if changing the planning Book text will solve your purpose then You can do the same using the transaction /sapapo/sdp8b.

Edit the planning Book and you can change the text in the first Tab which is with the name Planning Book.

Else you can copy the existing planning book to the desired one which is a very simple process. But you need to activate the macros after copying.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Manjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a new PB with new name taking reference from your already created Data View & PB.

For this go to : /SAPAPO/SDP8B - Define Planning Book

Just Make sure that you have clicked the Data View Radio Button and then Click on With Ref : Give ref. of the Data View.

Give new name of your PB and click on Create.

You may need to go to the Macro if any and reactivate the same for this newly created PB.

Not sure if there is any other way.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pushkar.