cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Http to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing Http to File Scenario i.e, Receive message via HTTP, Process it and write the file in the target.

1. As Http is the sender, I need not create Sender Communication Channel and Sender Agreement. But While Creating other objects in the ID, we need to mention Sender service, so what shd i mention there.

2. Can we do Asynchronous scenarios for Http to file Scenarios, because I have done Http to RFC scenario before.

3. When I use the HTTP Client tool to test my scenario, I upload a file or paste an xml payload and test, then will the file be created in the target directory, as Receiver is the File Adapter.

4. Do I need to create any Technical and Business System for HTTP sender in SLD, or should I create a Business Service in ID.

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. As Http is the sender, I need not create Sender Communication Channel and Sender Agreement. But While Creating other objects in the ID, we need to mention Sender service, so what shd i mention there.

---> You need to use the Business Service on sender side. Similar to HTTP --RFc scenario, It is required to identify the Sender side service.

2. Can we do Asynchronous scenarios for Http to file Scenarios, because I have done Http to RFC scenario before.

--> Yes You can have the asynchronous scenario. with HTTP to file

3. When I use the HTTP Client tool to test my scenario, I upload a file or paste an xml payload and test, then will the file be created in the target directory, as Receiver is the File Adapter.

--> Yes it will create the target file. If youhave applied any File Content Conversion then you can align the XML format to flat file format also....

4. Do I need to create any Technical and Business System for HTTP sender in SLD, or should I create a Business Service in ID.

---> Its better if you create the Business Service. Generally for SAP landscape Business system is used..and here in your scenario sender is HTTP and there is no need of Business system...Go for Business Service..

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Aug 12, 2008 10:36 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to create business sytem and SLD configuration, give service column receiver service name, it will work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business Service is sufficient for your case