cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend WM view and setup bin by batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We need extend WM1 and WM2 materials master view for new stock type and setup its material related bin for thounds of parts.

Any way to mass create this ?

Hope to get your advice

Thanks

Alice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alice

The two main ways to create masses of bins in WM are as follows.

LSMW - If you know how to use this then create a recording of LS01N and then create the spreadsheet of bins required and load through this. I cannot explain how to do this here as it is a complex (although easy if you know how) process with approx 20 steps.

LS10 - This is SAPs internal process for creation of storage bins en masse. Look at the ones that SAP have included as standard and copy the format. This works best if the bin numbers are increasing in increments of 1 but will work with other increments as long as they are standard throughout

Example

A1-1-1 > AI-1-2 > A1-1-3 etc or

A1-1-2 > A1-1-4 > A1-1-6 etc

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks , by the way, How to batch craete bin ?

We need create bins first, then update it into mateiral master.

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

make use of tcode LS10 for that and in case you need any help for understanding the logic for the construction of the bin number then do let me know

if yo need any sort of help on WM .....i am there although i am not a master blaster in WM but i will try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alice

If you go to the material master and in the field you want to populate select F1 and then click on the technical information icon it will tell you the field name and the table

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, we need extend new stock type for thounds of parts. and setup its related bin and assgin it into matieral master

If we use mm17 , Which table we need select? Mard is only for locaiton ?

Thanks

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i am getting you correct then you need to extend the WM views of lot of materials for new storage type

then why dont you try with LSMW for that or make use of MM17