cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter = Webservice???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a service using the SOAP Adapter. My question is now: Is this service a webservice. If yes, how would I be able to obtain the related WSDL?

The outbound interface is accessed by the following URL:

http://myserver/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:MY_BUSINESSSYSTEM:MY_COMCHANNEL

simply adding the argument &wsdl to the url doesn't pass back any WSDL.

Kind regards,

Heiko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at this weblog:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

on how to create web services

it shows the steps which you have to do

in order to expose and call a web service later on

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

so is the conclusion that exposing a SOAP Sender adapter based communication channel doesn't mean that a webservice is provided? SOAP Adapter != Webservice.

Cheers,

Heiko

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

>>>>SOAP Adapter != Webservice.

Please have a look at the link I provided (to the weblog)

your sender SOAP adapter can receive web service calls

but how can use send it if you cannot generate WSLD?

so you have to generate this wsld file in order to call this webservice

does this makes it a little bit more clear?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I have used the Apache SOAP API to access the SOAP adapter. This API enables you to invoke any SOAP based service without having a WSDL description. What's only required is to have the SOAP Payload matching the XML Schema required by the outbound interfaces datatype and of course the appropriate URL to the SOAP adapter's servlet.

Cheers,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem,

I am trying to use the WS exposed by the SOAP adapter in .NET environment.

When I try to import the WS definition ("add web refference"), I don't know which URL to input, because the WSDL file is saved localy but refferences to the SOAP adapter channel.

The .NET env. doesn't know how to handle this situation.

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

I'm not familiar with the environment you are using. Two suggestions:

1. Generate the WSDL from XI and drop it into an arbitrary webserver for import purposes.

or

2. Write a stateless session bean using nwdi to forward requests to the SOAP adapter. Expose the session bean as webservice end point in sap webapplication server.

Regards,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko/Elad,

when you generate a wsdl from XI, you need a place for the wsdl to recide, for applicaitons to be able to get to the wsdl. Hence you need to host the wsld on any server for example use WAS shipped with XI. then you can access the wsdl

http://server:port/../xxx.wsdl

look at this weblog of mine, where i have explained step by step on how to publish ur wsdl on to WAS

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-how-to-publish-wsdl-generated-from-xi-to-uddi

cheers,

naveen

Message was edited by: Naveen Pandrangi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

>>I have created a service using the SOAP Adapter. My >>question is now: Is this service a webservice

yes having a soap adapter for a particular scenario makes that scenaro accessable by SOAP, ie webservice.

>>http://myserver/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?>>channel=:MY_BUSINESSSYSTEM:MY_COMCHANNEL

>>simply adding the argument &wsdl to the url doesn't >>pass back any WSDL.

i see where u r coming from , unlike ohter development platforms, where if you know the endpoint , adding &wsdl gives you the wsdl. But in XI we are merely exposing the interface to be accessable by a soap sender. Hence you have to generate the wsdl manually from Configuration Drectory. Tools->webservce

cheers,

Naveen