cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Constraint Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one Flat Table and i am trying to load data through import manager.

Table is having 3 fields.Out of these 3 fields one is unique and display. On the basis of which i matching records.

I have 750 Records and after all process and settings when i load data import manager loads only 730 records and says that rest of the records failed to import.

I check the details of the error which shows that:-

"Import Failed One or More Unique Constraint violated by this operation"

What can be error ?

Regards

Himanshu Nijhawan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

The reduction in the numebr of records is due to the rest of the records failing the unique constraints.

If you have made a field as unique then only records with unique values for that field will enter MDM the rest will fail.

So cleanse your data and remove the duplictaes from the source file before importinmg the records the you will get all your unique records

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your valuable replys.

Yes Jitesh, My default import action was - Create for New

and Update -Mapped fields when i loaded the data.

Point i was thinking is wheather Import Manager will create new and show that these record are EXACT MATCH.

or as nitin and simona said i need to check and clean data first

Infact i was trying to clean, before posting this thread.

Shallreoly back the result to you people.

Regards

Himanshu Nijhawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Before Importing take the backup either of the entire repository using Archieve Repository command or you can also export all the records into Excel through Data Manager only by using File -> Export.

Your Import Actions are proper. Try importing data.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

I would suggest you 1 thing. After taking a back-up by archinving the repository, you try and make the respective field as " non unique" in Console and then try to import the data. You will find that the records will get imported.

Hence this testing will all your doubt.

Hence, as I have mentioned in my last post that wither you will have to remove the Unique Constarint for that Field or else you will have to remove duplicates from source file.

Otherwise, you cannot take that field in the Matching field as it will give you the same error.

• As Jitesh said, the import actions are very correct. Kindly perform the steps mentioned above to resolve the issue.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

In addition to Nitin's reply, Import manager should have identified the duplicates if the record with that field values already exists then select the Default Import Action for those records as Update (All Fields) but it completely depends on your requirement.

Nitin has rightly said that some of the records are violating the uniqueness constraint.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

I have one Flat Table and i am trying to load data through import manager.

Table is having 3 fields.Out of these 3 fields one is unique and display. On the basis of which i matching records.

I have 750 Records and after all process and settings when i load data import manager loads only 730 records and says that rest of the records failed to import.

I check the details of the error which shows that:-

"Import Failed One or More Unique Constraint violated by this operation"

The " Unique Constraint " Error comes when you have set the property of a field as Unique and the Data which you are trying to import violates that.i.e the source file has duplicate data for that field.

Means in your case, that source file has duplicate data for the field which you have made as " Unique". The MDM import manager or the MDIS will not allow it to import until you either

1. Remove the duplicates present for that field in the SOurce file.

2. Or else, change the setting for that field as Not Unique in Console.

It will solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain