cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ranges for Spool Requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement for maintaining number ranges for spool requests. For 3 different categories of printout I want to create different types of spool requests.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to transaction SNRO, select SPO_NUM object and click on number ranges in the top right tab.

Go to Intervals(change mode) and change to ->100 to 99000

It maybe 100 to 32000 in ur case.

Regards

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you change the number range interval from 32000 to 99000? For SPO_NUM, change the interval to this value.

Also, plz check if the following parameters are set:

rspo/spool_id/loopbreak to 99000

rspo/spool_id/max_number to 99000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus,

Thanks for showing intrest on this issue.

Current values in the system are as follows,

SPO_NUM ---> 99000

rspo/spool_id/loopbreak ---> 99000

rspo/spool_id/max_number ---> 99000

Thanks,

Jagan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

Unfortunately this is not possible. The spool requests are given sequential numbers by the spool system.

You cannot configure a naming convention for types of spool requests.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no issue with the print queue however only requirement is that we want spool request numbers to follow a naming convention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asad,

Unfortunately there is only one print queue in a system. You cannot split up print requests into types each with its own number range.

If you like to know how to increase the number range of your one print queue let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a strange spool problem in our production system. Day-to-day our spool number range is growing rapidly. Just two days bak it was 32000 and received errors like 'Spool is full' and it caused several ABAP dumps and background/update terminations. After that we have increased number range (SPO_NUM) to 99000 but still it is growing. We are continuously running Spool deletion jobs (RSPO1041,RSPO0041,RSBTCDEL, and RSBDCREO..Etc)

Please suggest why spool number range is reaching its maximum value.

Thanks,

Jagan.