cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me on this!! I am checking out the Transaction SARA for archived files .When i checked the details of archived file, i came to know that the Deletion status is successful,but at the same time i am getting a message stating that 'Archive file is not accessible'.

What are the possible causes of this error?? I even checked the infostructure defined for the archive object, it exists and it is filled.

Please help.Points will be rewarded!!!

Thanks,

Dhivya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The messge 'Archive file is not accessible' is not an error message..it's the information message.

This tells u that the archive files are not available in the sap database because..these are deletd from the system and stored on some other media.

Check out the table ARCH_OBJ and more of such like that where u find the details for the archive files of an archiving object.

Since the deletion process is successfully completed..so all the archive files are deleted from the R/3 SAP database and stored on the third party storage server such as IXOS..and once the archive files stored on some other server..u can not retrive the archive files ...but u can see the data in the transaction SARE for the corresponding archiving object.

however..u can see the details of the archive files in the Management option available for the archiving object in SARA.

hope this is helpful to u..

shamim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message that i am getting is shown with red indicator ,hence it cannot be considered as a information message. Moreover this problem is faced by me only in some of the servers that i am using,In one of the servers where there is no such error i am getting the message 'Archive file is accessible'.

You can check this in SARA Transaction,select any archiving object,click on Management button.You will be getting list of Archive files,click on any one of them and another window will open up showing the details.Over there i am getting this message.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Edited by: dhivya617 pillai on Aug 12, 2008 11:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divvya,

We have many such messages displayed with each archive file:

For some of the messages, please find my comments below:

Archive file is Accessible - This means that the archive file is available on the file system(archive dirctory) and its contents can be successfully read. This status is applicable after successful run of Write Job.

Archive file not Accessible - This means that the archive file is unavailable and its contents cannot be read. There could be many reasons for this...archive file cud have been deleted/moved or renamed, archive directory is not available, storage system is down etc....

Archive File Accessible in Storage System - This means that the archive file is stored in an external storage(archive) system and and its contents can be successfully read. This status is applicable after successful run of Storage Job.

Also..check the table ADMI_FILES for further information abt an archive file..plz let me know if this is helpful to u..

Thanks,

shamim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...please visit the below web site for more information:

This is sure going to answer all your doubts regarding an archive file status:

[Archive file|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/16/971e4f8c1411d1b1890000e8a5b9a5/content.htm]

Thanks,

Shamim