cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While creating the Sales Order, by mistake we have created G/L u2013 264 (P & L A/c. - Cost Of Goods Sold u2013 Finished Goods) as a Cost Element. Assignment of the same has already been made in OBYC at VAX & VAY - General Modifications with the Valuation Class u2013 7900.

Please consider the rule for VAX & VAY:

As per Customisation in OBYC in Offsetting entry for stock posting (GBB)

o VAX: for goods issues for sales orders without account assignment object (the account is not a cost element)

o VAY: for goods issues for sales orders with account assignment object (account is a cost element)

Since we have created the subject G/L as a Cost Element now system is not allowing us to do PGI (Post Goods Issue) while doing delivery.

Hence we have created similar kind of G/L u2013 270, to get a temporary solution. Our fear is that, if the screen of OBYC get transported to Production Server we may be in a trouble since in Production Server everything is working fine with G/L u2013 264 (Without created as a Cost Element).

Now when we tried to delete the Cost Element u2013 264 in Development Server, after reversing the Data posted in it, system has not allowed us to delete the Cost Element - 264 via Tcode u2013 KA04. Only after year end i.e. from 01.04.2009 system is allowing us to delete the Cost element.

We request to all of you to please provide us any solution to overcome this problem. We want to use the same G/L - 264 at the VAX - General Modification.

Before creating Cost Element - 264, we had not faced a problem of putting same G/L - 264 at the General Modification -VAX & VAY for Valuation Class - 7900.

Points will be assigned surely

Regards,

SDL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you feel that the G/L Account should be changed to VAX, the same can be changed on OBYC.

Alternatively, if you want the same G/L Account 264 to be assigned for VAX which is not allowing in OBYC, then you can try with the following option.

Go to OMJJ, select Movement Type, input movement type 601 and execute. On your left, you can see some list of tabs where you double click on [Account Grouping] so that you can see the tab Account modification in editable mode. If you change this (that is VAY to VAX), I feel your requirement can be met.

What I would request you is that after making this changes in development client, please do PGI and see for the FI implication, get concurrence from FI people.

But what I have a doubt is that as per your indication, in production, it is working fine and the above changes in development, will hit the production client also once you move the transport request. So you have to think in that perspective.

Lastly, the Valuation Class is 7900 or 7920 ??

Please post the outcome as I am interested to know about this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi