Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Issue --CREATE BUTTON DEACIVATED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was creating eCATT script and wanted to create a variant for the same.

But the CREATE BUTTON was not active.

This is authorization issue.

How do I resolve this as I cannot run the above functionality to get a SU53 screenshot (i.e SU53 screenshot wont be available in this case,so the associated object cannot be found out)

(MOREOVER In this case I have SAP_ALL assigned.)

In general terms,When the issue is related to the screen components(eg.BUTTON deactivated) how do we resolve such kind of issues.

Thanks,

Ajit

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I was creating eCATT script and wanted to create a variant for the same.

> But the CREATE BUTTON was not active.

> This is authorization issue.

Are you sure?, How about client settings? Client needs to both allow ecatt and the creation of workbench objects.

> How do I resolve this as I cannot run the above functionality to get a SU53 screenshot (i.e SU53 screenshot wont be available in this case,so the associated object cannot be found out)

What do you mean, "wont be available"? Does it not work or does it not report any failed authorization checks?

> (MOREOVER In this case I have SAP_ALL assigned.)

Which would lead me to believe there should not be an authorization issue. At least not with ecatt.

> In general terms,When the issue is related to the screen components(eg.BUTTON deactivated) how do we resolve such kind of issues.

I do not think there is a general kind of issues around screen buttons.

If you start a trace (ST01) on authorization checks and try to create an ecatt script, do you see any failed authorization checks in the trace results?

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

1)There is no problem with Client settings.

2)The Create button is INACTIVE .So i cannot run/use it.

So su53 screenshot wont be available.

3)Considering I have SAP_ALL, it might not be authorization issue. But How do I solve the problem of inactive "Create button"?

Thanks ,

Ajit

0 Kudos

Use ST01 tracing for authorization to determine the issue. Did you check SCC4 as well as SE06 client settings?

Regards

Vijaya

0 Kudos

Are you using tx SCAT or SECATT?

To expand on this if you are on ECC6, SCAT will not work and you need to use SECATT. If you are on ECC5 then SCAT will work but you need to trick it.

If you are using SECATT and are having this problem then I don't know the answer off the top of my head.

Edited by: Alex Ayers on Aug 12, 2008 10:41 AM

0 Kudos

> 2)The Create button is INACTIVE .So i cannot run/use it.

> So su53 screenshot wont be available.

What does SU53 tell you once you've got to the screen on which you expect the button?