Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customized theme not getting displayed

former_member187658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an application , for which I have specifically defined the theme in the theme editor. And I am including its css files in the code.

In the VA also, corresponding property has been set to true.

But the problem is when I run this app from the portal , it doesn’t show the changed theme.

And when I run this application from http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/welcome , the application opens showing the changed theme.

We tried clearing the portal cache and running again, but to no avail.

Does anybody have any idea how to go about it?

Thanks & regards,

Anupreet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a SDN article regarding WD and theme handling, describing this all in detail.

Best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are including the css files in the code ? You dint use the VA settings to set the theme ?

former_member187658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj

I have created an exit plug and have written the following code in the defaultPlug of the interface view:-

try{

String URLParams = WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("sap-cssurl");

if(URLParams == null)

{

WDDeployableObjectPart currentAppPart = wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getApplication().getDeployableObjectPart();

String appPath=WDURLGenerator.getApplicationURL(currentAppPart);

wdThis.wdFirePlugCssPlug(appPath+"?sap-cssurl=http://<host>:<port>/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata/themes/portal/SpecificTheme/");

}

}catch(WDURLException ex)

{

ex.printStackTrace();

}

In the VA also, i changed the settings in the property sheet.

Even then through portal, it is not displaying the css files look.

but running the application through webdynpro/welcome, it displays exactly as per the css files.

Thanks & regards,

Anupreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupreet,

This might seem like a stupid question, but have you tried removing the if block?

I am asking this because when inside a portal, your applications will have a default CSS URL.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try this for the sap-cssurl

http://<hostname>:50000/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tcwddispwda/global/SSR/themes/sap_chrome

instead of using the portal theme path.

Regards

Bharathwaj

former_member187658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

Nopes, even this is also not being displayed.

Now also it is taking the theme that has been designed for the whole portal, neither the one specified by you nor the application specific theme that has been defined .

Thanks & regards,

Anupreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>neither the one specified by you nor the application specific theme that has been defined .

</i>>

Can you tell me where u have set the theme path i have mentioned.

Please use the path mentioned by me in the Web Dynpro code you have posted and check.

Please provide the following values :

<i>cssurl used in code :

theme url in VA :

sap.useWebDynpro style sheet : true/false</i>

Regards

Bharathwaj

former_member187658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Here are the details:

cssurl used in code : http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tcwddispwda/global/SSR/themes/sap_chrome

sap.useWebDynpro style sheet : it has been set to true

theme url in VA : this we haven't specified, because i suppose, if we specify the path here, corresponding css file will be picked by all the applications, though we want only for specific application.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks & regards,

Anupreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with theme sap_highcont.

Cant really make out where its going wrong.. !

Also View source of the WD screen in portal and see what theme its using ?

Check this link. Its one of the most detailed post you will find related to themes.

Message was edited by: Bharathwaj R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupreet,

What is the parameter name and type of the exit plug that you have defined? It should be of type String and named "Url". The case has to be maintained.

Regards,

Satyajit.

yasu_ramaiah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

I am not sure either. See if the portals theme's priority overides the webdynpro theme. i.e. more like user locale settings - which have preferences and some default setting that cannot be overriden.

Thanks,

Yasu

former_member187658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

yes, the exit plug is of typeString and the parameter name is also Url.

But there is one more problem we are facing:

After we restarted the server,

1) the existing problem persisted

2) All the other applications's theme also changed to the default theme( that could be because we haven't included exit plug etc in any other application)

Do you have any idea, so that we can change the theme of the specific application and also at the same time not disturbing the theme of all other applications without having to make any changes regardign exit plug in all the applications?

Besides, is there anything related to the precedence ? i am not very sure about this factor

Thanks & regards,

Anupreet