Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please advise me for Sub contracting procedure in SD Prospective,

As i know this is releted to MM Module. as a SD consultant what is our roles and what needs to configure in SD point of view for the same.

Please let us know as soon as possible.

Thanks

Raju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All I am closinfg this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends/Laxmipathi,

Can you give me some more suggestions for the same in terms of Configuration and standard business cases involved.

Thanks

Raju

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raju

If you can explain your process briefly, it will be easy for the members to give a solution.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a process in which we are doing subcontracting for our customer. Our external customer will send the material to us on 57f4/Excise paid subcontracting challan. We will process the material and send it back to the customer. How can we map this process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Sir,

have u got the solution of ur problem

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Janardhan

Subcontracting in SD will come into picture only if you procure some component from a vendor / customer and you do some operations in that component and sell to the same vendor / customer.

If this is what you are also asking, then you need to consider the following:-

- Seperate pricing procedure with a condition type for TDS. This is not applicable in case you carry out the operation for another plant under same company code

- Your pricing procedure should not consider ED, Cess and Tax

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Frienda

Thanks for your contribution

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sub contracting is primarily a MM process. In the normal flow there are no SD specific settings that need to be done

MM person creates a movement type which acts as a consignment process in SD and the same is taken back

Hope this helps

Thanks

Akasha