Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis Authorisations

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have just upgraded BW to BI and we are migrating the roles and custom reporting authorization objects.

My question is when creating Analysis Authorization (which is an equivalent to custom reporting auth obj)

what values should be given in the special charecteritics like 0TCAIPROV,0TCAACTVT .

for example in BW while creating Cust Reporting auth obj we link it to some infocubes, so in the same way do we have to list out the same infocubes names in the 0TCAIPROV.

Also the activity for the reporting user will be already defined in the S_RS_COMP auth obj like display and execute(03 and 16) so apart from that what kind of activity should be defined in the 0TCAACTVT charecteristic.We are enhancing the old roles only and not creating new roles.

Please help me with some ideas.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently implemented analysis auth. for very big landscape.

I usually put 3(display) & 16 (execute) value for 0TCAACTVT

and check out in your query which info providers are using.

Put this values in 0TCAIPROV.

All query name you should enter in S_RS_COMP & S_RS_COMP1.

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Edited by: Imran Mulani on Aug 12, 2008 3:17 PM

12 REPLIES 12

0 Kudos

Some one any inputs please...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently implemented analysis auth. for very big landscape.

I usually put 3(display) & 16 (execute) value for 0TCAACTVT

and check out in your query which info providers are using.

Put this values in 0TCAIPROV.

All query name you should enter in S_RS_COMP & S_RS_COMP1.

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Edited by: Imran Mulani on Aug 12, 2008 3:17 PM

0 Kudos

Thanks the the input Imran.

I have a question :for a reporting user we are giving his/her authorizations related to activity (display,change,execute etc) towards query in the S_RS_COMP auth obj.

So the activity we mention in 0TCTACTVT refers to what activity other than the activity we mentioned above.

and for the inproviders i have understood that on what all the inproviders that the queries needed to be executed that list we have to give in 0TCTIPROV is that right?

Thanks once again.

0 Kudos

>

> Thanks the the input Imran.

> I have a question :for a reporting user we are giving his/her authorizations related to activity (display,change,execute etc) towards query in the S_RS_COMP auth obj.

>

> So the activity we mention in 0TCTACTVT refers to what activity other than the activity we mentioned above.

>

> and for the inproviders i have understood that on what all the inproviders that the queries needed to be executed that list we have to give in 0TCTIPROV is that right?

>

> Thanks once again.

Just one thing, for 0TCTACTVT you can maintain 03 only and give the report builder users other activities like 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 16 in S_RS_COMP

For 0TCTIPROV, you got it correct.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Got it Thanks a lot Zaheer!

0 Kudos

Zaheer/Imran,

One more question does the S_RS_MPRO auth object should be resembeled in BI or will the same object works.

If that auth obj has to be restructred how it can be done in BI, is that through analysis authorizations or through some new auth obj.

Thanks

0 Kudos

>

> Zaheer/Imran,

>

> One more question does the S_RS_MPRO auth object should be resembeled in BI or will the same object works.

>

> If that auth obj has to be restructred how it can be done in BI.is that through analysis authorizations or through some new auth obj.

>

> Thanks

Hi Padmaja,

S_RS_MPRO is still valid and it for multiprovider access restriction. So you can have the same object in the enhanced roles.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Zaheer!

0 Kudos

Zaheer,

One last question on Analysis authoriztions:

we are building analysis authorizations on 'company code' and 2 BW roles have got the same value '*' for the company code but the infocubes list are different in S_RS_COMP auth obj.

so shall we have to create 2 analysis authorizations with the value '*' with the 2 different infocubes list in 0TCAIPROV in each one.

for example:

Authorizatin 1:

Infoobject - 'company code'

value - '*'

0TCAIPROV - Infocube list A

Authorization 2:

Infoobject - 'company code'

value - '*'

0TCAIPROV - Infocube list B

is this approcah right?

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos

You can have a single AA Object with those two Infoproviders in 0TCAIPROV.

PS : S_RS_ICUBE is for infocube

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply zaheer but iam asking about the query accessable infocubes listed in S_RS_COMP if we give the same authorization for the 2 roles so the reporting users will be able to access the other infocubes also right?

If iam not wrong s_rs_icube is for the administrative users right which will be the same in BI also as in BW,so no need of analysis authorizations for the administrative purpose i suppose.please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

My assumption was analysis authorizations are needed only for the reporting users and for the administrative users we just need to add the new objects in their roles like s_rs_dtp,ds,tr etc.

Iam migrating keeping the above plan in loop.

Please let me know if iam wrong any where.

0 Kudos

My quoestion is answered