Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Comp. Context - mapping not completed

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SDN,

I have been trying ALL the ways to link Interface Contexts between 2 components.

But nothing has worked.

The error is always the same: "The Mapping to Node COMPONENTCONTROLLER.1.CASE_LIST Has Not Been Completed"

Does anyone have any idea about what can be the problem here?

There is some dynamic programming in the components. Is this the problem? (once I heard it could be).

I have already read ALL the threads about

. mapping in the Component Usage,

. Comp. A and Comp. B...

. 'Input-Element (ext.)' checkbox,

. etc.. etc..

I have tried all the proposals.

But nothing worked for me.

Please, can anybody give me any piece of suggestion?

I will be grateful for any attempt of helping!

Thank you all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hyun-soo_kim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi..

WDA aplication which have 'Input Element (Ext.) node' can not be excuted by itself.

'Input Element (Ext.)' node should be mapped by other webdynpro components.

That's why the error is occured.

The step like that...

Parent component has node A and child component has node B.

And node A and B should have same sturcture.

B node is checked in external mapping( checking 'Input Element (Ext.)').

Register component usage child component in parent component.

And double click Component usage-><your child component> in your application tree.

Then, you can see two window, left hands side is child component, the other is parent component.

( If you cannot see the right window, click controller usage button and select controller.)

And map the node from A to B( right -> left).

Soo.

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soo.

Thank you!

I had done it all..

What do you mean with "can not be executed by itself"?

Should it be called from an "Interface View", from inside the Parent Component?

Because actualy this is not happening. I am simply calling an external window, using "Link to URL".

Do you think this is the problem?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

we create WDA component with 'Input Element (Ext.) node' because we need to pass data from one component to another. so the component with 'Input Element (Ext.) node' cannot be executed itself, but we can call it from another component using component usage. there you define external mapping for this node.

if you want to call your application from another application and pass the data also, then set the property of node to input,

you remove 'Input Element (Ext.) node' and it will start executing itself.

Yogesh

hyun-soo_kim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi..

I don't know exactly what you wnat to do.

But If you want to call other component using 'Link to url', data can be pass by query string in url.

Use default window plug in called component.

Soo.

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Yogesh!

I am now close to the end!

Just missing the exactly understanding of how is a component called from another component by using component usage (technically speaking)!

For instance, is it required to set IN and OUT plugs, and navigate from "View A" to "Interface View B", in order to have a "Component Usage" call?

What exactly is a "call using component usage"?

Thank you!

Fabio

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soo,

I have a lot of data to share.

URL parameters would not be appropriate.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi fabio,

please check the url for component usage.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2e71ce83-0b01-0010-11a4-98c28a33...

it is not required to set in and out plugs,

suppose you have two component A and B, and you want to use/call component B from component A.

just click on component A, and in used component tab enter name of component B. when you save it comes in component usage in left side.

now if you want to pass some value from A to B, then create same node in both the component, and in component B, set node property to interface node and input.

in component A, after adding comp B in used component, it start displaying it in compo A. now create external binding of that node , as we do in ALV, and you are able you use and call component B in component A,

furthermore, you can call interface methods from comp B in comp A.

if you need some Example please tell.

Yogesh

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

that´s it, the question has been answered.

I managed to exchange data without any problems by keeping both components in the same "Internet Explorer" (browser) window. It means that Comp. B view was embedded in Comp. A window, as an interface view.

The conclusion I got in the end is that, in ABAP WebDynpro, we can´t have two browser windows working in the same application session.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.

Fabio

Answers (0)