cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDATA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing an IDOC to JMS (MQ Series)...

JMS systems want CDATA..they say they dont need XML....how to get that...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do this via XSLT mapping

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

the main problem here is it accepts XML data...i mean the JMS Queue

but for exapmple if the customer names comes as Ram & Co

Receiver is not able to read if it gets special charecters

is there work around to do that....without doing lots of mapping ...with a single shot....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PSRK,

try replacing & with & i think this should work or you need to do java mapping.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

R3 people said me that,they woulf give me the CDATA as input..i mean in the idoc...if so ,is there any other procedure to convert the thing to the XML data and then send it too JMS Q..

can someone guide me...

Edited by: PSRK on Aug 12, 2008 10:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can achieve this with usage of XSLT Mapping. Or with the usage of UDFs to substring the particular field values and pass it to the target structure.

It preferrable to go for XSLT mapping, for more no of fileds

OR May be you can refer the ABAP code which convert the flat string to XML structure and that you may pass to XI

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

thanks for reply.My question is will XI accept CDATA fromat in idoc..i mean R3 people said they would send the special charecters such as & in cdata format and send it XI and XI will take it and send it to JMS Q....I Mean they would send it in idco itself.....i am confused if that is ok for XI...

so can XI get it in that way...if so how can we convert that to xml fromat which is understood by XI....

and my second question is...u asked me to go with XSLT....why cant we do the same with UDF in XI...if so how will i do...i mean how ill i convert that special charecter into CDATA format....can someone give me an example.....plz.....

Edited by: PSRK on Aug 12, 2008 11:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes it should work....

You need to use a transformation with XSLT to get the XML format.

The above step is not possible to convert from CDATA Format to normal XML with the help of UDFs..

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Swarup,

thanks for that...but u didnt answer my question,

will accept CDATA into XI.....i mean from R3,they said they would give me the CDATA...how ill get it into XI and if so how....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As you have said , it will be coming from ABAP as an IDOC it means it will come as string or XSTRING...and then in XI you will have all the data under one field....then you need to use the xslt transformation to convert that single string data to target xml format.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can covnert XML structure on the target side (before sending i to JMS server) to flat structure/string using JMS content converion on the receiver side.

Refer this link..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50061bd9-e56e-2910-3495-c5faa652...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more ideas please....

Edited by: PSRK on Aug 13, 2008 9:57 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the response given in below link

/thread/107795 [original link is broken]

Thanks