cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM2007 on AIX/Ora install error: class com.sap.engine.offline not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Readers,

I am doing a fresh install of SCM2007 on AIX5.3, Oracle 10.2.0.4. Type of install is central instance (ABAP, Java, DB on one server). After importing ABAP, sapinst proceeds to create secure store. At that point sapinst fails with the message:

CJS-30050 Cannot create the secure store. SOLUTION: See output of log file SecureStoreCreate.log:

The java class is not found: com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.

-

The log file SecureStoreCreate.log says:

The java class is not found: com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart

-

The command being executed is

Execution of the command "/usr/java14_64/bin/java -classpath /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SCM51/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/launcher.jar -Xmx256m -Xj9 com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SCM51/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/install/lib:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SCM51/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/exception.jar:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SCM51/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/logging.jar:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/SCM51/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/install/sharedlib/tc_sec_secstorefs.jar create -s AD1 -f /sapmnt/AD1/global/security/data/SecStore.properties -k /sapmnt/AD1/global/security/data/SecStore.key -enc -p XXXXXX" finished with return code 1.

Output:

The java class is not found: com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart

-

Based on another forum suggestion I extracted the J2EEINSTALL.SAR file from the Java components DVD to the temporary installation folder like so but this has not helped so far:

cd /tmp/sapinst_instdir/SCM51/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS

var_file=/installdvds/51032953_javacomp/J2EE_OSINDEP/J2EE-INST/J2EEINSTALL.SAR

/sapmnt/SID/exe/SAPCAR -xvf $var_file

-

Any suggestions? Have you come across this before? It seems to me that this particular sapinst has some bugs.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member105207
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi bhalu,

please check whether you have given the correct JCE policy files.

If you have installed IBM java then you to use the IBM JCE policy file in installation.

regards

chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at snote 953068. I hope it may help you to overcome ur problem.

Rgds

Radhakrishna D S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the groups of the OS users are correct in my case - note 953068 does not seem to apply.

su - oraad1 -c groups

dba sapinst oper

su - ad1adm -c groups

sapsys dba sapinst oper