Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Script & Java Applet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 2 questions.

1. I want call Java Script alert in my web dynpro applicattion. And how to call in WDA ??

2. Is there any possibility of JAVA APPLET for e.g STOCK TICKER or MARQUEE in WDA ??

Thanks in Advance.

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go through this thread

Abhi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

When i looked at the example WDR_NETWORK_TEST , it is using in grahic : Network UI component.

And the application is .XML & .JAR files and when i run this application it is calling Java Applet and Event handling is there when you click the image on this applet.

Could you throw some light on this ?

Srinivas.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As I said, SAP uses Java Applets in some of the delivered UI elements. However this is not a generic framework designed to support just any applet. The Network UI element is designed for displaying and editing Network Graphics:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f5/248841a79f1609e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> I have 2 questions.

> 1. I want call Java Script alert in my web dynpro applicattion. And how to call in WDA ??

> 2. Is there any possibility of JAVA APPLET for e.g STOCK TICKER or MARQUEE in WDA ??

>

> Thanks in Advance.

> Srinivas.

1. There is no direct access to JavaScript in WD. The Client implementation is abstracted for several reasons - not the least of which is that your WD application can run in the browser, in the Flex Client and in the NetWeaver Business Client. Therefore JavaScript is not always the runtime. If you want to "throw an alert" in WD you should use the message object or produce a dialog popup.

2. There is no method for customers/partners to directly integrate Java Applets. SAP does use some Java Applets within our UI elements. The current answer if you want to do such a thing is to use the NetWeaver Portal and have two separate iViews on one Page. One iView can be in WD and the other in JSP/JSF/BSP which would allow such integration. Very soon we will have Flash Islands however that allows the integration of Flash/Flex Components in WD and would allow customers and and partners more freedom to integrate "islands of rich functionality" directly in WD. Next year we will extend this framework to also offer support for Microsoft Silverlight Islands.