cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM - Is independent MDM instance required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am designing architecture to implement SRM-MDM catalogue. In reviewing the SRM-MDM guides and notes I see several illustrations and text saying that an MDM installation is required. I just wanted to confirm that an additional, independent MDM installation is required to support SRM-MDM. That is, I cannot utilize an existing MDM instance for SRM-MDM catalogue. This means I will have two MDM instances in the landscape (one MDM and one SRM-MDM). Please confirm if this is correct.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using only the SRM-MDM catalog repository on MDM system then same instance is fine.But if you are using MDM for any other Business Scenario then a separate Installation for MDM-Catalog is recommended.This is Because SAP releases the versions of MDM separately for SRM-MDM catalog other than standard MDM version.At some point in time the requirement of MDM server for catalog and other scenariosn may not match.We are on the latest version of MDM-Server and installed MDM catalog over the same against SAP's recommendation.Till now its working fine, but SAP still insists to separate the instances.It ay be just good luck,but if possible separate them

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your information the package SRM-MDM catalog (around 800 MB) comes packes with the components the SRM-MDM catalog has been tested with thoroughly and the Instance of MDM should be taken from that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks; we'll proceed with installing a separate instance for SRM-MDM.

Edited by: Michelle Wetzler on Aug 11, 2008 10:28 PM