cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with adding a elements to the model node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm new to webdynpro java.actually i have to add the table values to model node.but the thing is that i dont have any structure .if i try to add it it is giving Value Node Without a reference.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kandha,

If you want to send total web dynpro table values to model (rfc) at a time, then in backend model should be a structure/ table. else you can pass only single row at a time.

if your requirement is to pass entire table then ask your abap resource to create a structure for the same. if it not needed then just pass the table single row data to model (rfc).

PradeeP

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI kandha mugundhan ,

As your question says that there are some value nodes without reference. That means, you might be added some value nodes to the context.

By default, you can get the Model nodes from your BAPI itself. you need to bind them to your UI elements to make them available in the browser.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are trying to get the table from Rfc than model node will be created automitaically once you do the mapping of model and controller.

And if you want to create a table in webdynpro than simple you just craete a Value node than value attribute and map this to your table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don;t have to worry about the structure to be used in table UI element. right click on the table UI element and choose create binding option and find the model node ( elements ) that you need to display.

You don't have to think about value node in this case.

Regards

Vinod V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

why do you try to add the content of the table to a model node? Model nodes are usally just for RFC calls or JavaBeanModel integration.

Are you talking about webDynpro tables?

Normally you create a contextNode (valueNode) in this node you create some valueAttributes. You can specify the attribute type for every valueAttribute.

After you have created this context, you will switch to the layout perspektive of your view, select the table an right click on it (all in the left side outline part) a context menue appears in which you can say createBinding. Now you just have to choose the ValueNode you have created an all colums will automaticly created for you. And also you have a tabel context binding!

Thats all

kind regards

Fabian