Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: SU24

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

what happens if an object (filed names) are not maitained in SU24 and maintained in PFCG ( i mean filed names)

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this case, if you don't maintain the Field values of an authorization object in SU24 and maintain them directly in role, then every time you have to update the fields which may be global.

Like in a Z transaction code, you add S_PROGRAM and you know that it would require auth group field as ZABC, then it is better to maintain the field values of S_PROGRAM in SU24 of the tcode itself, to avoid

- maintaining it every time you add this tcode to a role

- someone may forget to maintain required field values.

So, it is good practice to maintain SU24 values in such cases.

Regards,

Zaheer

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this case, if you don't maintain the Field values of an authorization object in SU24 and maintain them directly in role, then every time you have to update the fields which may be global.

Like in a Z transaction code, you add S_PROGRAM and you know that it would require auth group field as ZABC, then it is better to maintain the field values of S_PROGRAM in SU24 of the tcode itself, to avoid

- maintaining it every time you add this tcode to a role

- someone may forget to maintain required field values.

So, it is good practice to maintain SU24 values in such cases.

Regards,

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean "field values" or "file name" field?

If I remember correctly, the file name field is infact the path.

But Zaheer's answer is mine as well.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

my bad ...

field value = Field's value... i forgot that there is field with text FIELD also in SU24 😛

Thanks Julius for the support

0 Kudos

Take a look at function module AUTHORITY_CHECK_DATASET to see how you can hook the path (object S_PATH) if you want to.

It makes sense to check the authority before you open or what-ever-you want-to-do-to the file anyway. Those "file" authority-checks are in the kernel as well (invoked by certain ABAP statements such as DATASET), so they will be performed anyway, even if you don't check them in the code.

Even more reason to maintain them in SU24 once-and-for-all use of that context....

Cheers,

Julius