cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data type structure for getting responce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frndz,

I need to crete a synchoronous file adapter in order to get the responce from the bappi. Now my doubt was do i need to create a separate data type and message type for receiving the responce back, or i can add the respose parameter in the sender data type itself.

Thanks in advance

Karthikeyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not use File adapter for direct communication unless u make use of adapter modules configuration in the directory. Otherwise u have to use BPM. For response you have to use a response Data type and a messages type also unless ur response is not a subset of your request. You have to have two message mappings.

VJ

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a separate structure for getting the response

Edited by: karthikeyan l on Aug 18, 2008 12:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't use the same Sender side Data type for getting the response. You need to maintain the seperate Data type or may be the structure. Actually you may use the same structure but the Message Interface as outbound or inbound need to be seperate.

You can either use the Adapter modules to generate the Response as per the reply from BAPI or need to have Async to Sync bridge with the help of BPM

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File Adapter cannot be Synchronous.

Either you have to use BPM (refer this link [Using BPM|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1926] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]😉 or configure standard adapters in ID.

Thanks

Farooq

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Karthikeyan,

for your issue, you need to create 2 DT. one for request and the other for response.

you will need to create 2 Message Mapping --> Response and Request.

also you will need to create a BPM like this:

Receive step->SendStep(Sync)->sendStep (Async)

Receive Step: Receive the Request from FIle

SendStep(Sync): Bapi Call.

sendStep (Async) Send the Response to File.

If any doubt let us know

Thanks

Rodrigo.