Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Control in Pricing

former_member609634
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In SD Billing Copy Control Settings I have configured PriceType "B" (in Item Level data) but still the system is unable to update automatically the price changes maintained in the Condition Master, can anybody advise me on the same.

Rgds,

Indrajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Claudia mentioned, please check the settings at pricing date field for the pricing condition type in V/06. You might think on selecting value A - pricing date as service rendered date in this filed.

Regards

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you set the pricint type to B in the copy control the a new pricing is triggered if you create a billing document with reference to the delivery or to the order.

But the new pricing is triggered with the same pricing date as in the order.

For example:

1 You have create the order with pricing date 01.08.2008

2. You changed the condition in the condtion masta data and the record is valid from the 03.08.2008.

3. You create the invoice on the 04.08.2008...

In this case a new pricing is triggered with the pricing date 01.08.2008 from the order and the same price as in the order is valid.

this behaviour ist different for some conditions as the MWST.

Because which pricing date is valid, this is maintain in the maintainance of the condition type (transaction V/06).

I hope that I have understood your request exactly.

Regards

Claudia

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Indrajit

If I go through your comments [but still the system is unable to update automatically] I am unable to understand in which document you are saying, whether it is sale order or billing.

Let me explain a scenario as to how the pricing type B works.

In VK11, you maintain a price of INR 200 for a material for which you create a sale order on 01-08-08. So your sale order price is INR 200.00. Due to some reasons, now you have amended the price to INR 250 with effective date as 07-08-08.

You post the goods issue on 09-08-08 and do invoice on the same day. Now if you see the condition tab in billing, your billing price would be INR 250.00.

From this, I hope the concept of maitaining the pricing type as B in copy control. That is irrespective of sale order price, on the date of creation of invoice or the date on which you post the goods issue, whatever price you maintain in VK11, that will be considered in billing.

Once you created the billing and after that if you want to change the rate, in the condition tab, at the bottom screen, there is a button Update. Click that a small box will appear where you double click on B and see the revised price takes place.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if you maitain pricing type B at item level copy control, you will have to update the pricing in billing and then you'll have to select the proper type. This means that >> lets say you have created a order, delivery and eventually an invoice.. till such time all the prices are copied as per the condition record.. now, if you change the condition record.. then how system will come to know that you have changed the record ??? ... you got my point.. for that reason only the UPDATE button is provided in sales order as well as in billing document.

I hope your doubt is cleared now..

Hrishi