cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Programming in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I deploy a sap jca adapter in XI, it require s a mapping program, can I omit this mapping program, I just want to deploy sap sample adapter as sender, then use file adapter as receiver. I don't need any mapping. hope help from you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can omit the mapping.

Use two msg interfaces (one outbound and one inbound) with same message type associated. Don't put any interface mapping in the interface determination and you should set.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

for our sap jca adapter, we have several xml format sent to XI, do I need define all the data type for every xml format,the xml file schema is very large. I just use file adater as receiver to output the xml for testing.

Message was edited by: Spring Tang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

You need to create dataType corresponding to your input XML FileFormat.So if it is only for testing then instead of large XML file, take any simple file having one tag.So it will be easy for you to test the scenario.

regards,

Gowtham K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have an XML schema (=XSD) you can upload it as external definition in XI. So you can omit the step of creating a data type.

BR

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

our solution is using sap jca adapter and file adapter as a loop scenario,my jca adapter will send serveral different xml to XI, and use file adapter as receiver with no mapping. also i will use file adapter to read some different xml and jca adapter as receiver with no mapping. at the later phase, we will do the mapping from xml to idoc. Hope from your helps:)

Message was edited by: Spring Tang

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Alessandro

do I need to define all the data type? my adapter get the xml from the website, and then use the file adapter to output it;)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

Maping depends on your Input File format.But your requirement is just to test the Sample Adapter.And if u use it as sender adapter then without mapping program also you can test it.Because mapping will give error in XI.So in this case you don't need any mappinmg program to test Sample Adapter.If any error comes in XI because of mapping then your receiver File Adapter won't get executed.But Sender side testing will be over.

regards,

Gowtham K.