cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing the client certificate into VA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to import the client certificate signed by a CA in to the VA tool. when i tried to import this into TrustedCA's view it is prompting for the password. I dont understand why it is asking for the password.

I also tried importing the client certificate and signed CA certificate seperately then i was able to import the client certificate with out the signature and when i try to import the SAPPASSPORTCA it is asking for the password

any help or work around to resolve the issue would be really appreciated and thanks in advance

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you login to Visual Administrator using the Administrator user id and password.

Normally for Trust Services you need to use the security credentials such as password.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

I logged in as j2ee_admin and i was able to import other certificates with out any problem into Trusted CA's.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general, the client certificate needs a password if you are trying to import it. You can try to import it in IE and reconfirm. It can come from CA or any other client as well. Hence please check with the person/authority from whom you have obtained this certificate for the password.

Regards,

Sarath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

The client certificate which i have got dosent have a password, when you double click i was able to open it. The customer on the client side also said there is no password.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini