cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

German texts remains instead of english

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got a problem with translated texts. The solution is probably simple but I didn't find...

I continue to have some text displayed in german. What I want is having french language with complementary translations in english.

In my profile :

zcsa/installed_languages=DEF

zcsa/system_language=F

zcsa/second_language=E

In SLMT, I complemented French language with English (in client-dependant and cross-client tables).

If I choose English Language in the SAP Logon, and go to the LSMW transaction, I have all the texts in english. If I choose French (or don't specify language), and go to the same transaction, I have most of the texts in English (I assume there is no french translation) but some others are in German instead of english.

What Could I do to resolve this ?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mathias,

I checked the documentation for the second_language parameter.

Parameter : zcsa/second_language

Parameter description :

A language used by some transactions, if texts or documentation
 in the language that you have actually selected are
 not available.
 A text in another language is often better than an empty screen.

As there are tools in R/3 to fill holes that possibly exist in one
 translation with untranslated texts, this parameter is very
 unimportant and is only seldomly used.

So maybe this problem is with the transaction itself and not your system in particular.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply.

Actually, it would be better to have the text for which the translation is available in french and the others in english.

What I don't understand is why all the texts are in english in the LSMW transaction when I select english for system_language and why there are parts of text in english and the other in german (in the same transaction) when I select french as system language?

The english translations are available for all the texts displayed in the LSMW transaction, so why it displays some of them in german when I select french as system language and english as second language.

Thanks a lot for your help

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No idea, maybe the developers coded the transaction that way

Answers (0)