cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Product Categories from Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The issue we face today is that when using external catalogs the product category is transfered back to the shopping cart as a display only field.

We have done customization to allow us to map our product categoies to the vendors but sometimes, there is a category that we did not plan for. The system today defaults one of our product categories based off of the organization attributes.

We need the ablility to change product categoies transfered to the shopping cart from catalogs in the transaction BBPSC01. By change I mean the field needs to be editable by the user. Can this be done?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. What you can do is use the BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER.

First, check that you can map the product category.

If you can not, then blank the CATALOGID and CATALOGITEM fields.

That will make the item editable in SRM.

This will make everything editable, so you may have to use the BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI to stop the price and vendor material being editable.

An alternative would be to use the BBP_DOC_CHECK BADI to issue an error if the product category is not mapped, saying "Product category can not be mapped, please contact catalog support team" or similar.

Regards,

Dave.

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you would need to add a custom field to check whether the product category is coming from the catalog. Once this field is filled in item data you can control the screen fileds in several ways according to your release.

If you are >= SRM 5.0 you can use badi BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI with filter on BUS2121 and make the standard field editable or not. Otherwise i'm afraid you would have to to this in the screen PBO module of the item details and/or header details.

Best regards,

Laurent.

Remind points if helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you happen to know why or where the system is making the product category display only when coming from a vendor catalog?

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version are you dealing with?

When i look in screen for product category at line item details the display is done at screen : SAPLBBP_SC_UI_ITS 120 and code for display is done in module LBBP_SC_UI_ITSFH4 "* set field property according to the modification groups"

We are on SRM 3.0

hope this would help,

Best regards,

Laurent