Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file system full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi techies

Our development server /usr/sap/SID file system is full

we are unable to start the application also.

i have check no core is avaliable ,deleted the trace file from work directory,

This location

/usr/sap/BD1/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/archive

is taking 7.5 G of space when iam deleting the .trc file from this location again the file system

/usr/sap/SID is 100% full

i dont know where is the trace is activated on the server and where are the new file are getting created on the server

I am new to the netweaver technology

Awaiting for the response

Thank You

Haroon Khavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

chek if any file are there in /usr/sap/BD1/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/archive/tmp

just delete these files also

since your file system is filled earlier these file are getting genereated

in this process you will not be able to log into visual admin also

once you delete all unnecessay files and if you get enough space just restart cluster now try to log into visual admin check if any trace is ennabled

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi techies

Issue has been resolved , their was some process locked at os level which we utlising the space we have killed the that processes

Now we have the space at /usr/sap/sid

I have rewarded the point

Thank You for the support

Haroon kHavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The archive files would not be deleted in the java stack so we have to do it manually.

Try to minimize the log severity level in the java system using visual admin or nwa.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply

But where are the new files get created,in the archive directory only old file i can find but unable to find the new files.

Can i delete all the zip files in the archive directory

Thank you

Haroon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the new files are even written there just check the archive folder u will find the files with the current time and date.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any issue if i delete the files from the archive directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont delete the directory, just delete all the files in it except the tmp folder.

Any ways take a backup of recent dated files and then delete.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi

I am unable to connect to Visual administration, when i click default connection its say unable to connect to 8081 port

then i make a new connection with dispatch node i gave username : j2ee_admin

Hostaname XYZ

Port : 50004

Again it is unable to connect to 50004 and hostanme

My application is down i am unable to start the application becuse of file system is full

My question is

1.)To connect the visual administration i need to satrt the application ??

2.) If not how can i connect to VA to lower the security as above

3.) i have deleete the files from archive directory now the size of archive directory is 5.0 GB ,but the usr/sap/SID is 100% .

from the above we can say that the new files are not creating at archive directory(earlier archive dir was 7.0 GB now it is 5.0GB)

Thank you for the response

Haroon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Host name should be localhost and the port should be 5xx04.

To connect to visual admin firstly your java system should be up and running.How could that be 100% full? Even after deleting the files.Also check the work directory space might be this would also contain many logs and traces.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamshi

My question is if the server is down and after deleting the the files from archive directory,2.0 GB was free in the /usr/sap/SID

then after 5min the 2GD got utilised in /usr/sap/sid in due time i did not start the application also

How it can be ?? at a rapid pace files are getting created. i dont know where are this files certainly not in archive directory.

Haroon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your trace file I think some traces are switched on

first login into the visual admin as soon as u start and then switch off the traces and logs.

Regards,

Vamshi.