cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem rendering UI elements on mobile Webdynpro App...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have a big problem. I'm developing a mobile WD App. All works fine and all my controls render fine in my PC IE Browser, but when i test this morning my mobile app on a PDA, the behavior of my buttons are strange (the actions does not trigger), the tables does not look good, the calendar does not diplay...so i've been looking for documentation...and all the doc refering to mobile WD development did not said that i need install something on my PDA (tools, clients, or VM), and apparently buttons are supported and tables too...dropdownlist etc. So i need help because i'm using all the UI Elements supported but the app. isnt running rigth , i really dont know what is happening here...do i have to install to the PDA the JVM? do i have to install something special to my PDA in order to make my WD App works?. This is critical for me because the way i'm developing and the tools i'm using depends on it. I must said that i dont want to use SAP MI, my scenario is only for a mobile WD App access through an URL.

PLEASE HELP!!

Regards

MC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way...Pie03Client, Thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

Mobile - always connected ( Mobile Web Dynpro ) is a zero-footprint solution. That means that you don't need to install anything an your device.

But please consider the following two things:

1. URL

You can use a URL parameter to force the rendering for a specific device type. Depending on the version of the pie client you are working with, add one of the following parameters to the URL for calling the Web Dynpro application:

sap-wd-client=PieClient

sap-wd-client=Pie03Client

Example:

http://idesmobileonline.sap.com/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/Congress/MobileWorkplace?sap-wd-client=Pi...

2. PAM

Please take a look at the Product Availability Matrix to get an overview which Web Dynpro elements are supported by your device:

[PAM - Mobile Always Connected|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0eb6547-f7e6-2a10-c18f-882f72f7e363]

Best Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan,

I've just read your comment now and i saw the matrix and i've tested on my devices your application.

My problem is the application works fine on a Symbol mc50 with windows mobile 2003 and on a Dolphin 7600 with windows CE. In both mobile devices the application works great even if I install CrEme on Dolphin device, the application looks exactly as if it is running on the PC, all controls works great!. But when i try to run it on my Symbol Mc9090 with windows mobile 5.0 its all horrible!!, worst than ever nothing works.

The strange thing is that in the PAM doesnt appear WM 5.0. is this means that webdynpro allways connected doesnt works on WM 5.0?.

KR,

MC

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Webdynpro online should work on window mobile 5. Did you try with symbol pocket browser?? Try use it and remember put the sap-wd-client=Pie03Client.

Hope it help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fcgan,

Yeap i've already tried... and still doesnt works. Well it works so so... but not all the app. What else could i do? Please help!"!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

Windows Mobile 5.0 is listed in the Product Availability Matrix and is definetly supported.

Did you already the example demo link in your device ?

Best Regards,

Stefan

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

Can you please list down the issue, you are currently facing.

SAP supports WM-5 devices, and things should work fine in it.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan!!!....

How are you?? well yeap i tried you app with the parameter (really cool by the way), but on my device works so so, not all the controls work ok. The strange thing is i have a Windows CE devices and i dont pass the parameter (so the default value of that parameter is ssrClient as if it run on a PC) and works really good with all my controls. Why on my Symbol WM 5.0 device, if i dont pass the parameter, the app. doesnt work? and more important if i dont want to pass the parameter how can i make it work? because with the parameter my problem isnt all solved (some controls as toolbar button fails to render and toolbar are supported as it said on the documentation). How can i see what wd parameters (sap-wd) are set as default on the server? (is a java portal so how can i see the ICM without using the T_code?). Is any posibility to assign as a configuration another browser? or not?. Please help Stefan!!! or anybody

KR,

CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

well Satyendra, its works with the parameter so so, but without it it doesnt work at all...on my Symbol WM 5.0 device...