cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure another Inspection Type for Production Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Gurus,

I have one scenario, my client wants to have another inspection type for inspection lot origin goods receipt from production because they have this requirement that for some materials they need to have a status profile that will be active for inspection type standard 04. And there are also some materials from goods receipt from production that does not need status profile. Since the only thing that we could assign as specific status profile is to its inspection type. Hence, i need to create another inspection type for lot origin goods receipt from production aside from inspection type 04 that will create automatic inspection lots with different status profiles.I try this in configuration but no inspection lots has been made for new inspection type assigned to LOt origin 04 and also assigned in the material master inspection set-up. How will i do this???

Thanks.

Regards,

Matildo, Edsel

QM Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Edsel,

you can configure for example an inspection type 0401 and activate this inspection type for the inspection origin 04 in customizing. Please look at the following customizing items:

Transaction QCC3

-> Inspection Lot Creation

- Maintain Inspection Types

- Maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types

By activating the correspondent inspection type in the material master you can decide which inspection type is used. If you need both then you could think about using the exit QAAT0001 to assign the correspondent inspection type.

Regards

Isabelle

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just as a follow-up... when setting up the material, to use the 0401 inspection type you create, (or any additional ones you create), you must always activate the 04 inspection type.

This means you will have two 04 inspection types activated. You then use the "preferred" check box to select the one you want to use for that material.

I have found that if you only activate the 0401 inspection type, no inspection lots will be created. You must activate the 04.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi To Isabelle and Craig,

You are right Craig and also Isabelle you are right you lack some follow up only. I have to activate the two inspection types in the material master but the other one must be set as preferred to make the inspection type 0401 be used.

Thanks a lot to both of you.

Edsel

Answers (0)