Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Configure another Inspection Type for Production Order

Hi QM Gurus,

I have one scenario, my client wants to have another inspection type for inspection lot origin goods receipt from production because they have this requirement that for some materials they need to have a status profile that will be active for inspection type standard 04. And there are also some materials from goods receipt from production that does not need status profile. Since the only thing that we could assign as specific status profile is to its inspection type. Hence, i need to create another inspection type for lot origin goods receipt from production aside from inspection type 04 that will create automatic inspection lots with different status profiles.I try this in configuration but no inspection lots has been made for new inspection type assigned to LOt origin 04 and also assigned in the material master inspection set-up. How will i do this???

Thanks.

Regards,

Matildo, Edsel

QM Consultant

Former Member
Former Member replied

Just as a follow-up... when setting up the material, to use the 0401 inspection type you create, (or any additional ones you create), you must always activate the 04 inspection type.

This means you will have two 04 inspection types activated. You then use the "preferred" check box to select the one you want to use for that material.

I have found that if you only activate the 0401 inspection type, no inspection lots will be created. You must activate the 04.

Craig

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question