cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a problem concerning item category determination during the creation of a sales order:

in the material material master, I have assigned item category group 0002.

in the item category assignment in the customizing, I assigned SaTy=OR, ItCGr=0002, DfltC=TAC.

I created a sales order of type OR and filled out this material. However, SAP does not propose item category TAC, but proposes TAN. If I do an F4, I have several possibilities (TAN, TAP, TAQ, TANN, TAW, DSI) but no TAC...

Is there another setting I have to keep in mind during the item category determination?

Regards,

Samuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to make sure whether there is an entry existing for OR === 0002 =TAN=TAP=TAQ=TANN=TAW in item category determination.

This would be causing this issue, correct it as required.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my view, the item was (not on purpose, but it was a mistake) itself a component of a BOM...

While copying the material, there was no problem anymore...

To all who've replied, thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use tcode VOV4 and maintain

OR + 0002 = TAC

Irfan

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you maintained the material as material type KMAT. 0002 item cat group is for configurable product and you need to have the variant configuration in place too.

regds

Jude

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Samuel

First of all you have to ensure that that particular material is not extended to any other sales area. If extended, ensure that the sales area what you maintained for material is same as what you entered in VA01. Why I am specifically asking you to check is that I have come across people who have created material in one sale area with 0002 as General Item category but while creating sale order, they would have entered some other sales area by mistake, in which case, as you said, required item category will not flow in sale order

Secondly, ensure that in CMR, you have not maintained any value against [Item usage]

Thirdly, once again please check in VOV4 whether you have maintained the following:-

SaType::::ItGr::Usage:::HLevItCa::::DfItC

OR::::::::::0002::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::TAC

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check whether there is an user exit used for item category determination in your company. That means I have one experience for item category determination depending upon sales doc. type + GENERAL ITEM CATEGORY GROUP { instead of Item Category Group} + Usage

Revert back with the comments.

Hrishi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

H

Item category determination takes place thro

1. S.D doc type

2. Item category group in MMR

3. Item category of Higher level iten

4. Usage This is the golden ruleCheck 3 and 4 in your item category assignment as you have alreadu checked 1 and 2

Regards

Raja